We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

JeanG

Cherry Cola

Birds
OK - I think I'm going to run away for a few weeks! The birds are already flocking...and in BIG flocks, so when I go outside and they fly, all I can hear is wings beating!! Right now it's the crows gathering and cawing like crazy. Too much like the movie for me!!
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Birds
Oh that would scare me, too. When I was a teenager - maybe 15, we were watching The Birds. We had all of the lights off - and it was pretty scary. I went to the bathroom during a commercial break. My stepdad snuck outside and went around the house and tapped on the bathroom window. Needless to say - it was a good thing I was in the bathroom. I screamed bloody murder. Now - it's one of my fondest memories. Just stay indoors... to be safe.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

ajkulig

Cherry Bing

Oh please tell me they are flying South for the winter- I was over summer about two months ago!
Find my books here. See the mom (crafting, cooking, organizing, and homeschooling) side of me here. {Under construction}

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

oh jeez I am afraid of birds. How scary. How long does it last? dang Take a trip or soemthing.

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

We've had lots of geese heading south already, too.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

grifscap

Chocolate Covered Cherry

That movie still makes me crazy.

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

That movie, and I think there was one about frogs and another about bees - they all give me the creeps!

Can you turn on some white noise to cover up their sounds?
Laurie

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

Once a year we have thousands of black birds fly through the area. When they land in your yard, you can't see the grass anymore because of the number of birds. They're also in the trees and they all look at your house when they hear you at the windows watching. It's creepy like the schoolhouse scene in The Birds. A quick run out the door and they're gone in a noisy instant. And then the bad dreams are with you for a few days!

Lynda

sylgise5

Cherry Berry

LyndaKay wrote:Once a year we have thousands of black birds fly through the area. When they land in your yard, you can't see the grass anymore because of the number of birds. They're also in the trees and they all look at your house when they hear you at the windows watching. It's creepy like the schoolhouse scene in The Birds. A quick run out the door and they're gone in a noisy instant. And then the bad dreams are with you for a few days!
My grandson would like a picture of all your birds. He is starting to watch birds and read about them.
Image Image

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

We get tons of flocking birds thru there - it's an eerie noise!
But, it does seem really really early. Do they know something we don't??
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

sherry

Cherry Bing

Well, you are in Michigan so I guess maybe it's not too early for the birds to begin their southward flight, tho' it does seem a little early. Does this mean a horrible winter is ahead?

terri04

Cherry Bing

I saw some flocking last week & it was like the movie. very strange feeling

JeanG

Cherry Cola

I think so, Sherry - they're about 3 weeks early for flocking and that never bodes well for the weather here.
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.

Firegems

Sweet Cherry Pie

yeap the birds sure are flocking...... It wont be long before they start heading south.
Firegems

montana_girl

Cherry Bomb

That is scary... Especially seeing them flock so early this year.
Stacy

jody01

Sweet Cherry Pie

Yep its that time of the year hear too lots of crows and the locust is out too!!
ImageImage

jody01

Sweet Cherry Pie

Opps I didnt mean Locust I mean Cicada's
ImageImage

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

Sandy - ROFL!!! I've been seeing them gathered like crazy in the mornings....

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee