We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

Firegems

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Know any "One Hit Wonders"?
I am no good at remembering names of songs or who sung them. When I hear them I just know it's a good song or not lol
Firegems

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

How about "Don't Worry, Be Happy" by Bobby McFerrin. I know he probably had other songs, but this is the one I always love...

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

Some from the 90's....

I'm Too Sexy - Right Said Fred
To Be With You - Mr. Big
I Touch Myself - The Divinyls
Walking in Memphis - Mark Kohn
Tubthumping - Chumbawumba (?)

and how could anyone forget...
Achy Breaky Heart - Billy Ray Cyrus
Rebecca

Sandi770

Cherry Blossom

You guys have some great ones - I love "She Blinded Me With Science".... SCIENCE!!! LOL

I also downloaded MMMmmmmBop by Hanson
and "Jump" by Kris Kross

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hmm, I wouldn't have guessed several of those from the last 2 posts. I know Hanson was HUGEly popular - did they really have just the one song? lol. And I guess I'm biased on Marc Cohn because I have several of his albums plus sheet music - I know "Baby King" got some airplay but maybe not Top 40.

The Wiki article actually mentioned Billy Ray in the category of lots of years between hits - because his recent duet w/Miley was definitely Top 40.

I guess my brain 'defines' them as someone known for one song, & people like the song, but aren't fans of the group in general. So someone like Hanson or Billy Ray, who sold tons & tons of albums and t-shirts and calendars and... etc., wouldn't qualify. In my world, anyway. ;) With one-hit wonders you're more likely to recognize the song name but not know who sang it!

Ok, back to Wiki - depending on which chart (allover Top 40, AC, etc.), Marc had 4 Top 40 songs! And Hanson had 9.
Image Image

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee