We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

SunnyinNY

Cherry Blossom

Cricut Questions...
Happy Saturday afternoon to my extended scrapbook family! Hope everyone is well!

I was chatting w/a friend about the Cricut machine & I have some questions.

Does anyone have one? Reccommend it? Don't reccommend it? Is there a good purpose for it? How does it work?

I need to know it all. I was thinking about getting one & I see the cost. Wow! I just want to make sure I'd use it before I make that kind of investment.

Thanks!

Emsdancemom

A Cherry on Top

Re: Cricut Questions...
I love mine. It is the smaller one and does not cut 12X12 but it is what I have. I use it all the time. It will cut alphas and many shapes depending on the cartridges you have. It was wall worth what DH paid for it. I also have a sizzix but the Cricuit is so much faster and easier, especially with letters!

AlwaysHappy

Cherry Cola

I have one and love it. It's the Cricut Create, not the Expressions. However, it fits all of my needs and then some. Here is a LO I did using my Cricut to cut the leaves and pears for the pear tree. I also did the alphas with it and the dream cloud. The options are endless and in my opinion, it's well worth the cost. I got mine on sale during Christmas, so got a good deal on it. It's extremely user friendly. Heaven knows I don't do good with anything mechanical, but it's so easy to use that I didn't have any trouble.
Image ImageImage

SunnyinNY

Cherry Blossom

Do you use paper or cardstock to cut the shapes? And do you have to buy the cartridges for each style?

Sandi770

Cherry Blossom

I have the smaller one as well, but I also have a Klik-n-Kut I use for fonts mostly cause it will cut any font on my PC.

I wish I had the bigger Expressions Cricut, though, cause my DD (2nd grade) could use it to cut bigger images for posters for school projects.

denisescrap

Cherry Blossom

iHAVE THEM BOTH THE SMALLONE AND THE LARGE ONE, I LOVE THEM BOTH !
kings1.gif" border="0" alt="LA kings Pictures, Images and Photos"/></a>

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

You can cut just about anything with them - paper, cardstock, vinyl, construction paper, and then even more with the deep cutting blade.

Yes, you have to have the cartridges to get the various different things. There is a non-cricut software called Sure Cuts ALot that will work with your machine and your computer to allow you to cut any true type font. I don't have it, but it's on my wishlist.

Carts can seem to be expensive, but watch for sales and check ebay, craigslist and other places too. Walmart always price matches ads too :)

I use mine a ton and now have the expression (12 inch cutter). I love that I can do my own shaped pieces.
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

Nikki_E

Cherry Cropper

I love mine!
Nikki

When you see me with a smile on my face, then you'll know I'm a mental case. ~ Alice Cooper

Ladysha

Cherry Tart

:) I have a Cricut, the small one often referred too as the Baby Bug. I love my machine. When I got mine there was no Create or Expressions. since there is nothing wrong with my cricut there is no need to buy a new one. I would recommend buying one. The small one is fine but if you need big cuts you may need to get the expression.

Heidi1154

Cherry Bomb

I have the Cricut Expression and love it!

ImageImageImageImageImage

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

I have the small one and I love it. Sometimes I wish I had the Expression, but my little one works for most things and I can't justify buying a new one.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

scrappin44

Cherry Blossom

hooked on mine
ImageImage

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

I got my Cricut Expression during a really good sale - and I got 4 cartridges with it. I love it and wish I had a place I could set it up so I could use it a lot more!
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

sherry

Cherry Bing

I have the Cricut Expression, the 12x12 one. I love it too. I use it a fair amount. I like that it takes the 12x12 paper, or any smaller size, which is very convenient. You have to purchase the cartridges and there are alot of them. I have bought most of my cartridges on Ebay. I use mainly font cartridges. I have not used the Cricut to its fullest potential, mainly because I know how to basically work it (quite easy) and I have been too lazy to get out the book and investigate further what it can do-- each cartridge can do alot of "extra" stuff and that is where I have been lacking. I also got the machine itself on Ebay.

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

I got mine as a gift 3 years ago! Love it. Have the medium size one - cuts 6x12. I buy my cartridges when they are on sale at Mike's or on Ebay. I have the deep cut blade, so with that you can cut just about anything - vinyl, cardstock, chipboard.

I also have the design studio software that works on my computer with the Cricut, which allows you to combine the cartridge cuts. And I've attached two juke boxes, which means that I don't have to unplug my cartridges, they just sit there waiting for me to cut!

I also broke down and bought a Cuttlebug - but I use it primarily for embossing, not cutting.
Laurie

diennia

Cherry Tart

I am a cricut addict. I love to make cards and invitations for my kids b-day parties. I make paperdolls for my daughter and she loves them. I have an Expression and wouldn't trade it for the world. I also have a Sizzix Big Shot which I also love and still use I feel that you can get more layering and detail with it on some things. But I always cut letters on my cricut and will never buy another letter set from sizzix. I hope this helps. PS HSN had a pretty good deal on one last time I looked. I would have bought it in a heart beat knowing now what I know!
"a person's life is measured by the family and friends that surround them" Author unknown

Scraprat

Cherry Cola

I have the Expression and love it! You can do so many things with the Cricut. You can find good deals on cartridges with sales and on ebay. Depending on the cartridge, you get a lot of extras - like layering, card features, shadowing etc. They keep coming out with a lot of different things for the Cricut too, like being able to cut your own stencils and stamps. You can cut vinyl to make the home decor letters, phrases and shapes that are so popular now. You can also make your own vinyl stencils for glass etching. You can save a lot with the alphabets because you can cut just what you need in many different sizes! It's a great tool to have!
Take care of you,
Deb

Beth-W

Featured Guest Coordinator

I have the Cricut Expressions and love it! I went back and forth on whether to purchase it or not. I got a Black Friday Deal that couldn't be passed up. I am happy I bought it!
~Beth
"Make it bigger, make it badder, make it awesome" -Duff Goldman
"They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible, if you're AWESOME!" -Rhino

http://latteonthebrain.blogspot.com/

ImageImage

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

I can't remember if it's JoAnn's or Michael's, but the small one is on sale this week for $99 which I think is a pretty good price.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

SunnyinNY

Cherry Blossom

Thanks so much for the help ladies. I am leaning towards getting it now. I'm seeing what you've all done & it looks awesome!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee