Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

Need to get this off my chest
Ok folks. For YEARS I've been telling Bud that when we move from here I was going to send his ex an Thank you note for leaving him.

Background: I was widowed suddenly in March 1995. John died 3 months to the day before our 25th wedding anniversary. I was heartbroken and swore I'd never get involved with anyone again because of the pain of loss.

I met Bud in late September 1995.

His wife had left him in April 1995 - to 'find herself'. They were married almost 32 years. He was DEVESTATED - she had just left him a note on the table while he was visiting his father for a couple of hours. She was gone. The note said she didn't love him. Didn't think she ever had.

And take my word for it - Bud never saw this coming. This man is perceptive and always seems to know what's bothering me before I do. He's loving and sensitive - and I can't believe he developed these qualities in a few months after she'd left him!

After she'd left he found out she'd been having affairs (that's affairS - more than one)

Their kids knew about it. The kids were grown and the daughter had three kids of her own.

Anyway, he ended up filing for divorce when he found out about the affairs and that she had transferred money from joint accounts and piled up credit card bills.

His ex ended up marrying a guy who beats the crap out of her. Threatened to kill her and her (adult) kids and the grandkids too. He was arrested for this but she didnt' want to press charges. Whatever.

Because he was the one who filed for the divorce his kids blame him. Goodness knows, I've posted about his insane daughter several times.

Bud says he will always love the woman he knew as his wife. But not the person she is now.

I respect that. I will always have a love for my late husband.

But what Bud and I have is very special. Even my kids recognize it. My daughter said she feels taht her father sent him to us.

Anyway, I have told so many that I wanted to send the ex a thank you note for leaving him - so that he could be part of my life.

I can't do that in reality so I'll do it here.

Marie:

When I met Bud he was a heartbroken man. He had loved and trusted you for so many years. Your desertion broke his world apart. When you left you took his trust in people. He thought you took his ability to love. He planned to be on his own for the rest of his llife.

I, too, had planned to be alone for the rest of my life after my husband died. Losing someone you love for many years hurts so much that you never want to experience such a loss ever again.

But somehow Bud and I found each other. Neither of us wanted to get involved with someone again. The potential for loss and consequent pain was too frightening.

However, we were both able to overcome that.

So, now,because you cast him aside, I have this wonderful, caring ,sensitive man in my life. I am loved and cherished beyond my wildest dreams. Bud brings joy into my life. He is my best friend and the one I turn to for everything. I know I can count on Bud more than I can count on the sun coming up in the sky each day. Everyone envies me for what I have with Bud.

When you left your kids also cast him aside because he was no longer in a position to hand out money freely. Since the bank was closed they no longer had a use for him. So, not only did he lose his wife, but he lost his children and grandchildren as well.

My kids lost their dad - but in Bud they have a father figure that they love. They, too, know that they can count on him for anything. They adore him. All they ask in return is that he treat their mother with love and respect. No material thing that he could give them is more important to them than that.

As they say, One person's trash is another person's treasure.

Bud is my treasure. For that I thank you.

Gloria
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

scrapperqueen

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Need to get this off my chest
Love it!

BeatrizS

Cherry Bomb

Im sure you feel good getting all this off your chest but you know what... I don't think she deserves for you to even think about sending her a letter...

It is a very nice to read that to 2 unfortunate circumstances could end up in the two of you finding each other to love! And his kids will one day realize what they lost but by then it will probably be to late!

gonecamping

Cherry Garcia

Amazing love story! I am glad you both found love again with each other!
***Tanya***

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Well written. Such a sad beginning, but a beautiful ending!
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

JulesinParadise

Tiki Bar Mgr

BRAVO Gloria, and kudos from someone who also found love the second time around!
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

Beautifully written.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

Beth-W

Featured Guest Coordinator

Great idea and glad that you two found each other.
~Beth
"Make it bigger, make it badder, make it awesome" -Duff Goldman
"They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible, if you're AWESOME!" -Rhino

http://latteonthebrain.blogspot.com/

ImageImage

Indy Scrapper

Chocolate Covered Cherry

If you send me her address, I will print this out and mail it for you. :bluelol:

All things happen for a reason dear Gloria. You are both blessed to have had that chance meeting that brought you together. It was meant to be.
Janie
Live long, laugh often, hug someone.

IreneP

Sweet Cherry Pie

This brought tears to my eyes as I found the most wonderful man after I left my ex (could not take the cheating and blaming myself as the reason)
Like your children mine found in David a wonderful father

immom2anc

Sweet Cherry Pie

Wow, how beautiful! Gloria, you are one lucky lady, but I'd have to say Bud is one lucky guy too! :)
**Kristen**
My photography: http://www.kristencarterphotography.com
Image Image ImageImage Image

JeanG

Cherry Cola

Wow! The situation with my DH is the same as with Bud and I have wanted to write her a letter for a long time, too, saying the same thing! I'm glad you and Bud met and are so happy together!
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.

bumblebby

Cherry Garcia

Wow, you and Bud have already known each other for 14 years? I thought it was newer than that! You'd think his daughter would've wised up after all these years. Her loss.

Glad you both found each other. :-D

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

Perfect and beautiful Gloria! I'm sure Bud considers himself very blessed and lucky too.

scrapaholic

Chocolate Covered Cherry

that is great.
Have a coke and a smile!Image

grifscap

Chocolate Covered Cherry

How great to beable to write this. Bud is a lucky man I hope he knows that. I guess it sounds like you are both lucky

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

bumblebby wrote:Wow, you and Bud have already known each other for 14 years? I thought it was newer than that! You'd think his daughter would've wised up after all these years. Her loss.

Glad you both found each other. :-D

I met him at a potluck dinner on September 17, 1995.

Both of us almost didn't go.

My daughter really feels that her father somehow 'made this happen'.

She feels that Bud is much more suited to me. She loved her father very much but felt he was a tad selfish (But in John's defense, I will say that if he was I helped make him that way by catering to him)
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

How wonderful Gloria that you two found each other. Sounds like his ex has found someone that she deserves too. :winkb:

ImageImage Image Image  

bay63

Cherry Bing

What an awesome story!

One question -- Does he have a brother??
ImageImage Image

emarie803

Cherry Jubilee

That is beautiful Gloria!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee