Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

RitaS

Cherry Bing

Slo Cooker Recipes - favorite to share?
Hey all - returning to work full time has been a huge adjustment for our family. DH has been doing most of the dinner prep - as we have become creatures of habit and like to eat by 5 or 5:30 - I usually don't get home until just before 5.

I hoped to pitch in by cooking one meal a week in the slo cooker, but honestly - I have not done this more than a few times since February. If you have a fave meal to share - something I can throw in before leaving for work in the morning, or perhaps with minimal prep the night before - that would be great.

I need to think beyond roast, potatoes, carrots and onions. I know there are blogs devoted to slo cooking - but I want to know what YOUR family likes. BTW - DS won't eat tomatoes, but he does eat spaghetti sauce! (LOL)

Thanks!
Rita S

Life is about second chances. There would be no hope if God didn't give us another.

jBlaze

Cherry Blossom

Re: Slo Cooker Recipes - favorite to share?
Oh! I love my slow cooker. How about split pea? remind me to go find that for you.
Mystly mine are just a version of a stew thing too though. New ideas that are not real complicated would be great! :)
Jean
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
funny goat stories: http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showth ... gest+thing

jenny2711

Cherry Picker

FiX It and Forget It was the best $16 I ever spent!! I've made a TON of recipes out of it and I think we've had 2 that we didn't really care for (but weren't so bad that we didn't eat them!)

AmyTeets

Digital Designers

I have a couple:

Buy the frozen meatballs and add one can of spagetti sauce for meatball sandwiches.

Chicken and Noodles:
Add 2 chicken thighs or whatever you have on hand to a crock pot and cover with 2 cans of cream and chicken soup
Once finished, debone and shred the chicken and put it back in the crock pot with one can of chicken stock. Add cooked egg noodles and some frozen peas and cook for about 30 minutes longer.

Also the slow cooker cookbooks, or any of them for that matter, are really good. You can buy these at cracker barrell as well:
http://www2.gooseberrypatch.com/goosebe ... nkloc=ckbk

I also love allrecipes:
http://allrecipes.com/Search/Recipes.as ... w%20cooker
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!

jcsmaestra

Cherry Cola

I'd like to see the crock pot lasagna recipe here. Someone (I forget who) mentioned they were making it for dinner the other night. Some of us asked if she wouldn't mind posting the recipe, but I don't think she did. We'd love to try it.
Mary           Love is all around you.

ImageImage  Image Image Image

jodcold

Cherry Garcia

I cook ham in it with a brown sugar and coca-cola mixture rubbed over it. My DH makes pulled pork in it, so yummy!
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

Jody H. (jodcold)

Image Image Image

jmo95

Cherry Cola

i do whole chickens in the crock pot. really don't have to do anything special. I rub the chicken down with spices. It is so tender the chicken literally falls apart by the time i get home. saurkraut and pork roast is another one I do.
Jenn
Don't fear the challenge, challenge the fear.

Image Image

Emsdancemom

A Cherry on Top

I love my slow cooker but DH won't let me leave it on if we aren't here. What's the use?????

sylgise5

Cherry Berry

Pulled pork - place pork roast in crockpot on med before leaving for work. Shred when you get home stir in BBQ sauce and let cook for a few minutes while setting table. It makes a great sandwhich
Image Image

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee