Get up to 3 FREE GIFTS with purchase → See details
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products!

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

Question of the day 5/14
Do you use gas or charcoal when grilling...do you grill or does someone else in the family do it?

With summer weather here( at least by me) I thought we needed to get our grill all cleaned up and ready and our gas tanks filled. We actually have a new double grill that is gas on one side and charcoal on the other.....it does not impress me since I never touch the thing, don't even know how to turn it on.....dh or oldest dd(14) does all of the grilling in our house.

JulesinParadise

Tiki Bar Mgr

Re: Question of the day 5/14
We have both. We use the gas grill on the lanai for poolside cook outs (we've learned to keep back up tanks from a couple of hurricanes we went through in Ft. Myers) and we are in the process of building a slab for a new Weber charcoal grill (for slow cooked ribs and other yummy things) on the lower garden area. I'll eat almost anything off the grill~~
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE

anazelia

Cherry Cola

My husband is the griller. He uses charcoal. I am in charge- most days- of getting the grill ready, but it is pretty easy since we have the charcoal chimney.

koala1966

Cherry Delight

Charcoal, and DH does all the grilling. I had a run-in with a grill when I was about 4 and the grill won, so I'm not comfortable with them.

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

We use a gas grill and I am the one who does it. My dh dosn't cook at all and that is the way I like it. He is not a good cook even on a grill.
ImageImage 

Koiwey

Sweet Cherry Pie

I prefer charcoal but my husband wants the gas grill so sometimes I put water-soaked hickory or mesquite chips in a foil pouch and puncture holes in it so the meat and chicken and veggies get a smoky flavor (learned this from Emeril). I hate the gas because I am so afraid to light it. We take turns grilling but he mostly does it cause I am in the house doing the rest of dinner.
Enjoy for we will never have this day again.
Koi

Smiley-Scrap8

Cherry Cola

Gas, we actually have the grill hooked up to the natural gas for the house. It's nice not having to make sure our tank is filled. Dh does most of the grilling but I've done it before too. Unfortunately I usually end up over cooking everything.
Ronny

jcsmaestra

Cherry Cola

We use gas. My dh does the grilling. We don't grill often, though.
Mary           Love is all around you.

ImageImage  Image Image Image

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

We use gas mostly. I like charcoal more, but gas is simpler. DH or a SIL usually do the grilling.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

terri04

Cherry Bing

we have both but usually use charcoal

megamay

Cherry Cola

wow - I didnt realize anyone really still used charcoal. you learn something new every day! I can see where the flavor would be different.

We use gas and DH does the grilling. I use the fact that it is 'grilling', and thus manly, to make him do the cooking.

naney1952

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I use gas and I'm the griller:-D
Jane ImageImage Image
LOYAL COLTS FAN

vel

Cherry Blossom

I don't grill because I'm a vegetarian but my bf does and he uses a gas grill. We've also got a fire pit and sometimes he cooks over that, too.

GRACEpunches5

Cherry Garcia

i couldn't tell ya. the hubby won't let me touch the grill!
[url=http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/:22hb4o89]http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/[/url:22hb4o89]

[color=#ff4080:22hb4o89]Feb. 2010 Crop: 14 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps
May 2010 Crop: 19 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[color=#bf0080:22hb4o89]August 2010 Crop: 9 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff8080:22hb4o89]November 2010: 10 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff4080:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g70/c ... -1-1-1.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://creative.ak.fbcdn.net/v41818/fly ... c52db0.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://pagemaps.com/images/blinkies/PMBlinkie88x33.gif[/img:22hb4o89]

BeatrizS

Cherry Bomb

we have both.. I prefer the gas grill and i am the Main cooker! My husband tends to burn things because his philosophy is if the flame is nice and high it will cook faster...(What a dummy)

mkcdaisy

Cherry Cola

My grill is propane and I am sad to say it doesn't get used much. I think i will make a resolution to use it more.

ScrapGoo

Cherry Jubilee

We use gas... I like the control. DH has taken over the majority of grilling if it is easy stuff like burgers and dogs... I do the stuff that takes a little more finesse. :winkb:

zanettac

Cherry Jubilee

Neither...we have a george foreman...LOL!

Carol

Mommybruno

Cherry Cola

We have a gas grill, though I often miss doing charcoal. There's just something about those little black bricks covered in lighter fluid!

DH does the lion's share of BBQ-ing, but he just has the worst time doing steaks so that falls to me.
Cassandra
"I tend to live in the past because most of my life is there." --Herb Caen
ImageImageImage

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

Bud liglhts the gas grill. I grill because I'm better at it. Bud is proud of the fact that I am better at it.
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee