Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

-Shannon-

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I need good thoughs please :( ** UPDATE in OP **
I just spoke to my mom. I have to fly down to LA tomorrow. My great grandmother (who is the glue to our family), 92 years old, is back in the hospital. She has had an infection and about a month ago they were able to give her something that helped it. But it's back and nothing is working. They are now giving her morphine because nothing is getting rid of the infection. Her foot and bottom of her leg has turned black. They only giver a few days.

I'm devastated. I know she has a lived a long life with a lot of wonderful family but I always knew this would be so hard on all of us.

So please send good thoughts for my family that we all continue to band together and help each other through this. It will be a very very very difficult loss for our family. :(

5/8

Great Grandma is gone. She went some time between 12am and 3am this morning. I was able to spend a lot of time with her yesterdery. It was really hard to see her at first because it just didn't look like her. She could hear us but couldn't really respond. She was a tough lady and held in for a long time even when her vitals were bad. And believe me, they were really bad. She had a very large family so at any given time there were at least 20 people at the hospital to visit her. We had to wear gowns and gloves when in her room because of the infection she had but it was worth it to spend time with her. I was able to tell her I love her and make peace with her leaving us. She was so very important to everyone in our family and though it will be very difficult and weird for a long long time without her we know it was her time to go. She lived a long life, with a lot of love to give to and receive from her family. I have so many wonderful memories of her that I will never lose.

Thank you everyone for you prayers, hugs, and good thoughts. I can't tell you how much it means to me.
- Shannon

I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
-Lucille Ball

fong33

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: I need good thoughs please :(
I am so sorry Shannon. I will be praying for your grandmother and your family. {{{HUGS}}}

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Sorry Shannon....(((hugs to you)))) Safe travels, and my prayers are with you and your family.
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

1momma

Cherry Bing

I am so sorry. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts during this difficult time.

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

So sorry to hear about your grandma. Sending hugs to you.

AlwaysHappy

Cherry Cola

Shannon, I'm so sorry and yes it is hard to loose someone even at that age. My daddy was 87 when he passed away 2 years ago. People said he's lived a long life, but that doesn't make it any easier when it's someone you love. Go spend some time with her before God takes her home. My prayers are with you and your whole family through this difficult time. I know you haven't been feeling well and hope you are able to hold up through this. {{HUGS}}.
Image ImageImage

emarie803

Cherry Jubilee

I'm so sorry hon :( (((((BIG HUGS))))) and good thoughts sent your way.

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

You've got them Shannon...I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I'll be thinking about you.

MiasMommy

Sweet Cherry Pie

Very sorry. Hugs and prayers
Christina

scraptag

Cherry Cola

Shannon, I'm so sorry for you, your family and your Great Grandmother. I'm sorry that the infection is so painful. It just shouldn't be this way. So, I'm glad you are going down to see her. Love her up. Give her tons of kisses, and be there for her. That's what matters.

Kara

Cherry Jubilee

OH HONEY you need more than just good thoughts, you need a break!!! HUGS and best wishes and prayers!
Image \ ImageImage

Cimorosete

Chocolate Covered Cherry

OH Shannon I'm so sorry. I'll be praying for you grandmother and your family. ((HUGS))
((¸¸.·´*~Treasa·´*¨¨))
May LOs-
My Blog

ImageImageImageImage

Mom2angels

Cherry Blossom

I'm so sorry!! I understand very well what you are going through! be safe in your travels, be comforted by the fact that she has had a long wonderful life--we can all be so lucky--and lots of prayers to you and your family!
Image Image

Koiwey

Sweet Cherry Pie

I feel understand and feel for you Shannon. I will keep you and your family in my prayers, especially your Grandmother. Have a safe flight.
Enjoy for we will never have this day again.
Koi

scrapbelle

Cherry Bing

I am so sorry! I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Image Image

SarahA

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Big hugs Shannon- you're in my thoughts.

1grandma

Cherry Addict

Prayers and hugs to you and your Grandma.
Bibi

Smiley-Scrap8

Cherry Cola

((((HUGS)))) Shannon, will be thinking of you and your family during this diffcult time!
Ronny

jodcold

Cherry Garcia

Shannon, I am so sorry, it is never easy even when someone has lived a long, wonderful life. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

Jody H. (jodcold)

Image Image Image

-Shannon-

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Thank you girls. Thank you very much.

I'm heading out now.
- Shannon

I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
-Lucille Ball

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee