Get up to 3 FREE GIFTS with purchase → See details
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products!

MelissaM

Cherry Bing

Re: What's the going rate?
 Our fairy brings $1...although once she brought $2 because in an attempt to not forget both Mommy and Daddy put money under the pillow!
Melissa
formally known as mkyanne

Smiley-Scrap8

Cherry Cola

For the first one, we gave $3 but that was mostly because the tooth was infected and had to be pulled. So far the other 2 that fell out on their own the tooth fairy left $2.
Ronny

BeatrizS

Cherry Bomb

a couple of dollars for the first couple of teeth (cause they are little and they are cute).. once they get a little older and the whole novelty is over and they dont get nothing!

Kara

Cherry Jubilee

well back when Brad was that little and the economy was good he would get a 10 dollar bill but that was just cause we only have one and it was what was in daddy's pocket

I understand anything from 1-5 is the going rate these days....
Image \ ImageImage

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

Wow - there's not much inflation on teeth!  About 25 years ago, when my sons were young, the going rate was $1.00 per tooth.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

The tooth fairy hasn't visited my house in about 25 years, so with inflation it's hard to say.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

Wheeliegirl

Cherry Jubilee

The tooth fairy hasn't visited in a long time.  The going rate was $1 per tooth. 
ImageImageImageImage
-Donna-

ctaylor0312

Cherry Bing

Tooth Fairy at our house gives anywhere from .75 to $2-$3, what ever she could find in quarters.  If she can't find that then she folds up a dollar or two.  The container we have is a little bigger than a quarter, probably 1/2 dollar size.  DS seems to be ok with that.  It also depends how his attitude is lately. The tooth Fairy takes that into consideration ALOT!
ImageImageImageImage

Janell

Cherry Cola

Thanks everyone for the tips!  His tooth fell out this morning!  I think we are going to go with the dollar coins, I don't believe he has ever laid eyes on one before, so that will be fun...maybe he will think it isn't real! :) 
-If it's scrappy it makes me happy!

dianagirly

Cherry Cropper

I was wondering about this too since Drake hasn't lost one yet (he is also 6 and in Kindergarten). He comes home every week telling me about someone in his class who lost a tooth. He doesn't even have a loose one yet!

milmomma

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I use to get the half dollar coins.. I think its neat your gonna do the $1 coins. You should snap a pic and scrap it!

wahoo_mom

Cherry Garcia

dianagirly wrote: I was wondering about this too since Drake hasn't lost one yet (he is also 6 and in Kindergarten). He comes home every week telling me about someone in his class who lost a tooth. He doesn't even have a loose one yet!
Don't worry about it.  DS#1 was 2 mo. short of being 7 when he lost his first one and now a year later is about to lose #4.  He isn't losing them in the standard order either, but his dentist is just fine with all of it.  I'm happy with this because the older they are when they get their permanent teeth, the better they will take care of them and they will have fewer cavities - in theory anyway.
Heidi
Image ImageImageImage

Mom2Bri

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Dd got $5.00 each for the four front teeth. And she just lost another next to those that she got $2.00 for.  She will get $2.00 each for the rest.
Teresa --"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace."
http://www.acherryontop.com/i/thumbnail ... linkie.gif

wirsmom

Cherry Picker

My son (who is seven) received $1 for the first tooth (because, after all, it was the first), and 50 cents for each tooth thereafter.  I think the molars will be worth a bit more, because they are bigger.
-Tracy

emarie803

Cherry Jubilee

I think I got gyped! I got a quarter a tooth, unless they had to be pulled. Then, I got $1 for pain and suffering :-D

blaznpat

Sweet Cherry Pie

a dollar
Pat

Image Image Image

terri04

Cherry Bing

around hear it is $1.00/tooth. 

terri04

Cherry Bing

around here it is $1.00/tooth.

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

I always gave my kids a golden dollar coin. That was special tooth fairy money. :)
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.

scrapaholic

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I think about $5.00 with inflation lol.
Have a coke and a smile!Image

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee