We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

Cupcake Sadness...
I decided to treat myself to a delicious-looking red velvet cupcake today since I haven't had any treats in ages.  It came from a nice bakery, and the dadburn thing cost 4 bucks.  It was really small, too.  I was sooooo looking forward to biting into this cupcake... and then I did... It was so stale that it crunched!  EWWWW!  Now I'm staring at it and thinking I want to throw it out of my 12th floor window out of pure, unadulterated rage!  Has this ever happened to you?  Not necessarily with a cupcake, but with another treat that you were realllly looking forward to consuming.
Leslie

ScrapGoo

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Cupcake Sadness...
Just right now.  I had Ryan bring me chocolate pudding.  But I specifically requested it with mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips.  I eat it this way almost every time and he *knows* that!  He brought me my pudding alright, but it was LOADED with regular sized chips... like, a quarter of a bag.  :?  It was way too crunchy (would you like some pudding with that chocolate?) and I was seriously bummed.  ::sigh::

PurpleGoddess

Cherry Blossom

Awwwww yeah, been there and done that with a pastry from a bakery...It looked so good and inviting but the taste did not deliver...the texture was not fresh and I threw it away after one bite. Sigh...it is a bummer when you don't have a good replacement. You just have this wonderful little expectation that fell through and got smashed flat. You have to choose to distract yourself with something different. And think of all the calories you are NOT eating...Hugs!

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

PurpleGoddess wrote: Awwwww yeah, been there and done that with a pastry from a bakery...It looked so good and inviting but the taste did not deliver...the texture was not fresh and I threw it away after one bite. Sigh...it is a bummer when you don't have a good replacement. You just have this wonderful little expectation that fell through and got smashed flat. You have to choose to distract yourself with something different. And think of all the calories you are NOT eating...Hugs!
I like the way you think.  I almost licked the icing off, but then I decided it wasn't worth the calories...  And that cupcake is dead.  I got sick of looking at it, and I chucked it way out into the street.  I wish it was light outside so I could see its guts splattered all over the road!
Leslie

bluetulip

Cherry Bomb

I would definitely be fuming!  How about when something looks so good in the bakery and you buy it and bring it home and it tastes horrible?
ImageImageImageImage

kennabeans

Cherry Cola

I made roast and potatoes and carrots and had a great big bowl of leftovers to feed us for th enext couple of days. I pulled thebowl out f the fridge and it flew out of my hand and landed upside down on the dirty kitchen floor and slowly oozed out all over the floor. I was soooooo looking forward to that for supper and looking forward to NOT cooking. Dh was pretty upset with me too.
ImageImageImage

KBeachy

Cherry Bing

I had Subway yesterday for lunch which I was looking very forward to. I got it to go and when I got home and settled in I took a bite of my sub and the bread was hard and stale! I was sooooo mad! :x
Semper Fi

beachlover

Cherry Addict

four 4 bucks, I'd take that sucka back!  yeah, we have a really great Chinese place nearby and I have a couple dishes I love, but only get it a couple times a year.  So, of course, you'd think it'd taste like heaven when you do get it, right?  Well, the one time they had a really crappy cook and there was just no flavor, the garlic pork had NO garlic...  WTF, man?  Its so disappointing when you finally do get it and it doesn't live up to its standards :(  That only happened the one time though.  Ever since, they have been wonderful :-D  Hmm....  I've got a craving :winkb:
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

naney1952

Chocolate Covered Cherry

bluetulip wrote: I would definitely be fuming!  How about when something looks so good in the bakery and you buy it and bring it home and it tastes horrible?
I agree that is the worst! You're looking so forward to enjoying and then YUCK!
Jane ImageImage Image
LOYAL COLTS FAN

Beth-W

Featured Guest Coordinator

I would make you cupcakes if I still lived there. :(  I am sorry your cupcake was bad. 

Did you hit a homeless person when you threw it down? 
~Beth
"Make it bigger, make it badder, make it awesome" -Duff Goldman
"They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible, if you're AWESOME!" -Rhino

http://latteonthebrain.blogspot.com/

ImageImage

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Oh yea!!!  The most recent incident was something similar... getting home and finding that they left the chocolate chip cookies that I ordered and paid for out of my McDonald's bag!!!!

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

Yes, I hate when that happens.  But look at the bright side.  It probably cured your craving!
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

BeatrizS

Cherry Bomb

I went to a birthday party  a couple of months back.  The Birthday cake for the little girl was beautifully decorated and the mom was talking up the bakery where she purchased it that it had been highly recommended to her by a number of people.  it was 1/2 a sheet and i think she said it cost her about $100.  Well low and behold after happy birthday was sung and the cake started getting sliced.... she started seeing the MOLD!!!! yes it was all moldy and green....  She was beyond pissed!!! her husband ran out to the local supermarket to buy a couple of cakes and to resing the whole thing over again!!!!

Renee

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I think you should have brought it back and stuck it to their window :winkb:

scrappinchic

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Isn't that the worst!  I hate it when the best looking sweet tastes like sugared cardboard.
I'm not late
Everyone else is way too on time.
0/3 for February

PurpleGoddess

Cherry Blossom

lilkoala3 wrote:
PurpleGoddess wrote: Awwwww yeah, been there and done that with a pastry from a bakery...It looked so good and inviting but the taste did not deliver...the texture was not fresh and I threw it away after one bite. Sigh...it is a bummer when you don't have a good replacement. You just have this wonderful little expectation that fell through and got smashed flat. You have to choose to distract yourself with something different. And think of all the calories you are NOT eating...Hugs!
I like the way you think.  I almost licked the icing off, but then I decided it wasn't worth the calories...  And that cupcake is dead.  I got sick of looking at it, and I chucked it way out into the street.  I wish it was light outside so I could see its guts splattered all over the road!
  I love the guts in the road thing (the scrappy part of my mind right away chimes in and says, "Can you get a picture of that?" and my real mind says, Why?)....if your street is busy there won't be anything left of it...but I can picture it in my mind...the cupcake explosion as it hit the pavement...maybe the top stayed together cuz it was like a brick and landed a little bit away and the first car that came down the street smooshed it flat and made multiple icing smudges as it drove off down the street...smudge, roll, smudge, roll, smudge...then another car hit the paper part and it sticks to the tire for a bit and goes off down the street... and cupcake crumbs are laying in the gutter all dirty and soggy from the salt and snowmelt laying there... You had such promise you damn red cupcake! You are getting what you deserve...rest in pieces.   So NEXT time buy it early in the day (or make it)....Heeeee! Hugs, Diane

1grandma

Cherry Addict

I was planning to finish off the last of a bag of Zap's chips.  My taste buds were really set on it.  Well, when I got there the bag was empty and in the garbage!  Pooey!  My son beat me to them.
Bibi

jiffy

Cherry Picker

Yes ... for $4; it was definitely worthy of being returned.    At that price; you deserve cuppy cake decadence!
'Beautiful memories tell our story, and wrap themselves in ribbons of the heart.' Flavia

n7zuq

ACOT Promotions

I hate when this happens. You're all ready to enjoy a yummy treat and then it totally stinks.

Cupcake RIP

You failed,
since you were stale,
so I bailed,
no fond farewell.

happayscrappay

Cherry Bing

for $4, I'd never be going back to that bakery - let them keep their over priced stale cupcakes. 
(and I'd buy a box of cake mix and bake my own but that's way too many calories so I'd have to get everyone I knew to come over and eat one too)
Hi! I'm Rachel
My Blog: Happay Scraps

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee