We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

beachlover

Cherry Addict

Happy Fat Tuesday!
 Image  So, what is on everyone's agenda today now that the crop is officially over?  Are you still bummed out like me?  It feels a bit like the day after Christmas around here.  I still need to finish cleaning up my mess, but I am too depressed.  This is also how I feel after my favorite aunt and uncle have been to visit and they leave.  On top of it, I have to go back to work today  :?.

So, who celebrates Fat Tuesday and how?  I never have.  But, last night we had pizza for dinner, so that will be my Fat Tuesday celebration  :winkb:

;)The weather here in South Jersey is bright and sunny, but very, very cold!  I hope everyone has a wonderful day!  
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

ctaylor0312

Cherry Bing

Re: Happy Fat Tuesday!
 don't celebrate here, but my MIL did send home (Sunday) a piece of King Cake.  It has purple on it so you know DD had to have a piece.  I'm usually working at this time, but DH stayed home yesterday with DD, so It's my turn today.  I switched shifts with the night gal and she's working my 8 hour day shift.  Have to be in at 3pm today.  Now I'm getting a soar throat.  YUCK.  Anybody got any good remedies to cure a sore throat on the first day?
ImageImageImageImage

SarahA

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Good morning! It's sunny, but cold here, too. Nothing exciting going on for me today- just work & then home again. Hopefully I can work a little on my acrylic album tonight!

kennabeans

Cherry Cola

What is fat tuesday??
ImageImageImage

gonecamping

Cherry Garcia

The key word here being Fat! LOL! We don't celebrate it. I didn't even know it was today until I seen the post. If I was still going to the Catholic church then I would have remembered.
***Tanya***

ScrapGoo

Cherry Jubilee

Every day is a fat day at this house! lol :-D

grifscap

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Fat Tuesday... A day to over due everything, eating, drinking, just plain live life to the most. Tomorrow, pay for all the things we did today.

montana_girl

Cherry Bomb

We don't celebrate Fat Tuesday around here....

But I feel the same way about the crop being over.  Sort of directionless... not sure what to work on now...  Need to refocus (and finish cleaning the scrapbook room!).
Stacy

kennabeans

Cherry Cola

I was just debating whether or not to go shopping and now I will. I have to, don't I? It is Fat Tuesday. LOL
ImageImageImage

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

we are going to graze our way through the pantry, fridge and freezer.

::sigh:: Happy Day!
~pam~

n7zuq

ACOT Promotions

We don't normally celebrate but we are tonight. We're going to hear some bands play in downtown Portland and then check out some clubs. I found a lot of fun events online. I even have offical beads from New Orleans (a co-worker gave them to us) and I think I have a mask at home. Should be lots of fun. I even took tomorrow off so I can stay out late and enjoy all the festivities. :)

bigsmartass

Sweet Cherry Pie

I've never celibrated it... but we're having pizza tonight just because...
Today I'm spending trying to recooperate my disaster of a house, since nothing got done this weekend lol.
Image Laurie, aka Image Image

If you can't convince them, confuse them

craftyfool

Cherry Cola

ctaylor0312 wrote: don't celebrate here, but my MIL did send home (Sunday) a piece of King Cake.  It has purple on it so you know DD had to have a piece.  I'm usually working at this time, but DH stayed home yesterday with DD, so It's my turn today.  I switched shifts with the night gal and she's working my 8 hour day shift.  Have to be in at 3pm today.  Now I'm getting a soar throat.  YUCK.  Anybody got any good remedies to cure a sore throat on the first day?
YES!  Make a cup of black tea (I use the Lipton Black Pekoe) either decaf or regular, depends on whether you want to sleep or not!  LOL.

Anyway...make a cup of tea and add a Tablespoon of honey and 2-3 teaspoons of lemon juice (depends on taste).  It works!!!

craftyfool

Cherry Cola

I'm not feeling let down after the crop!!! I'm completely energized to just keep scrappin away.  The crop got me going again after a loooooong hiatus and it feels so good. I printed out all the Feb challenges and i'm gonna try & get 'em all done by Saturday!  :-D

Fat Tuesday - normally I have never done anything special.  But my church is having a dinner tonight in celebration and I guess we're going!  LOL.  2 of my friends have gently told me they will kick my tush if I don't show up.  ;) :inlove:

ncokely

Cherry Cola

No celebration here -
just trying to survive work without killing a co-worker!! :?
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

We don't celebrate.  But I do spend the day eating what I'm giving up for lent - this year it will be chocolate.
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

jiffy

Cherry Picker

Am going to head down to the kitchen in a few mintues to make some special pancakes for hubbie for lunch!   (dinner later on will be salads!)   And tonite is my weekly scrapping get together!    Yay!
'Beautiful memories tell our story, and wrap themselves in ribbons of the heart.' Flavia

Janedee

Sweet Cherry Pie

Yepp!  We celebrate Shrove Tuesday - its the one day a year I make dessert pancakes.  Which reminds me I better go and dig out that recipe again!
Jane

my3boyz

Cherry Blossom

My LSS is having a Fat Tuesday sale so I am going shopping!!  :)
Proud member of the Queen & Co. Design Team.
Come visit my blog if you want! Image
http://www.kristinhayne.blogspot.com

JulesinParadise

Tiki Bar Mgr

A little town south of us has a Mardi Gras festival and parade...lots of fun.  So that is where we are going this evening.  Meanwhile, I am working on the mini album for the class I am teaching on the cruise...taking a bit of a break now!
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee