We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

Kim2002

Digital Designers

Tell me about Hobby Lobby
Our area is supposed to be getting its first Hobby Lobby in early March.  Can you tell me about it?  How does it compare to say Michael's, AC Moore, Joann Fabrics, etc.?  What kinds of "stuff" is the majority of the stock (ie., mostly scrapping, mostly crafting supplies, mostly home decor, mostly fabric, etc.).
Kim Hill, Owner & Designer, CG Essentials
Owner, Resources 4 Photographers **photographer tools sold exclusively through A Cherry on Top**
Find me on Facebook

katarria

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Tell me about Hobby Lobby
I'm no help - I've never been to one, we only have M's, J's, & AC up here. 
~Kathy
{hopelessly addicted}

Filling my basket with all of the new goodies :)

zanettac

Cherry Jubilee

It has a little bit of everything.  Home decor, art supplies of all kinds, sewing dept, holiday stuff..there scrap stuff is usually about 3-4 aisles.  Not to bad!!  I love shopping there!! 

Carol

Henu_Nea

Cherry Cola

I didn't encounter Hobby Lobby until we moved to Missouri. It's FREAKIN" AWESOME!!!! They have amazing sales on their scrappy stuff at least once a month. They have every crafting genre covered that you can think of. I absolutely LOVE going in there! I would compare it to AC Moore. But the prices are always so great! make sur eto sign up for their e-newsletter. There's a coupon every week.
ImageImage
Image Image

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

It's got more scrappy stuff than either JoAnn's or Michael's.  They regularly put on good sales, too.

MLee

Cherry Cola

It's one of my favorite places to shop.

Specific scrapping is generally 3-4 isles but you will find scrappy things in their craft department, holiday department, photo area, etc.

Some companies, such as Basic Grey, ki Memories, WRMK and American Crafts have contracts with HL to make their products available in packs at a better price. HL will only buy products that will sell under a certain price point, however, which makes them different from Michaels. So, instead of seeing an entire line from say, K&Co, you will only see certain pieces and often the patterned paper is reprinted on a lower quality paper.

They also have their own brand - Paper Studio - that knocks off the major brands. Sometimes it bugs me and some times I just really need to save the money and I'm glad they are there. :waiting:

They have started carrying a bit of digi items but only in area of printable goods - paper, kits, digitable albums that you can fill with your downloaded pages. There is talk of expansion in this area but it hasn't happened yet.

Their albums are great. They have them on sale often, carry good brands, a variety of styles and also their own brand. I get all of my albums there.

They have a massive home decor area that is fabulous. A lot of decorators would rather get their things at HL than from decorating sources because it's convenient and often the same stuff at cheaper prices - go figure.

I love my framing department but it varies from store to store.

Still, for the best selection of good, quality scrapping goods you need a scrapbooking store, whether it's online like ACOT or a lss. Hobby Lobby is good for basic needs and fill ins and then all of the other fun stuff for home decor. ;)

Kim2002

Digital Designers

Oooh, I'm so excited about the home decor stuff.  That's really more of what I'm interested in checking out over the scrapping stuff (since I'm digi).  :)
Kim Hill, Owner & Designer, CG Essentials
Owner, Resources 4 Photographers **photographer tools sold exclusively through A Cherry on Top**
Find me on Facebook

imwickedwitch

Cherry Cola

I Heart Hobby Lobby!  :inlove: I go every week with my mom.  Ours has 5 aisles of scrappy goods and stamping stuff.   There are really good sales and every other week they have an online coupon for one item at 40% off.  :greenlol:
Becky

Image Image Image

KBeachy

Cherry Bing

They are awsome! Their scrapy section is pretty good. They have all kinds of crafty things as well as home decor and seasonal decor. They ALWAYS have great sales! If you go to their website you can print a coupon off for 40% any on item!! I love that coupon. I alays take one with me when I go there.
Semper Fi

GRACEpunches5

Cherry Garcia

hobby lobby rules!!!!
[url=http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/:22hb4o89]http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/[/url:22hb4o89]

[color=#ff4080:22hb4o89]Feb. 2010 Crop: 14 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps
May 2010 Crop: 19 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[color=#bf0080:22hb4o89]August 2010 Crop: 9 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff8080:22hb4o89]November 2010: 10 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff4080:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g70/c ... -1-1-1.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://creative.ak.fbcdn.net/v41818/fly ... c52db0.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://pagemaps.com/images/blinkies/PMBlinkie88x33.gif[/img:22hb4o89]

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

KBeachy wrote: They are awsome! Their scrapy section is pretty good. They have all kinds of crafty things as well as home decor and seasonal decor. They ALWAYS have great sales! If you go to their website you can print a coupon off for 40% any on item!! I love that coupon. I
 alays take one with me when I go there.
Even Cricut?
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

JenniferP

Sweet Cherry Pie

Hobby Lobby rocks!
~Jen

grifscap

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I like the store. My store is not doing a lot of scrapbooking. What they do have is nice.

nene

Cherry Delight

Not for Cricut. They have to follow the same rules as M's and J's.
Image Image
Rosa sat so that Martin could walk. Martin walked so that Barack could run. Barack ran so that our children could fly.

SusieKing

Sweet Cherry Pie

we don't have them in calif.  but whenever i visit my MIL in ft. worth i always visit HL.  take lots of money.  another store they had last time i was there is "garden ridge".  love that store! 
Susie King

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

Oh man, I LOVE HOBBY LOBBY!  The previous posters are right.  They have amazing sales on scrapbook stuff once a month.  For example, one week they will have 50% off stickers, rub-ons, albums, paper, and paper studio brand embellies.  YES, they will have 50% off of all of those things AT THE SAME TIME.  They don't have one here, but they have them in my hometown in Texas.  It all depends on the size of the store and the location, but the Hobby Lobbies that I've been to have about 5 aisles of scrapbooking stuff. 
Leslie

KBeachy

Cherry Bing

Queen Mum wrote:
KBeachy wrote: They are awsome! Their scrapy section is pretty good. They have all kinds of crafty things as well as home decor and seasonal decor. They ALWAYS have great sales! If you go to their website you can print a coupon off for 40% any on item!! I love that coupon. I
 alays take one with me when I go there.
Even Cricut?
I'm not too sure. I'm trying to find out, but their site isn't loading. That would be great if you did though!! I really want one...
Semper Fi

Shanscraps

Cherry Bing

It is awesome... Watch your Sunday paper for a 40% off coupon every other week....
ShanShan

imwickedwitch

Cherry Cola

Can't use the 40% off on the Cricut but sometimes they have cartridges 2 for $90. 

Ours will take the 40% off coupons on the cuttlebug and accessories, though.
Becky

Image Image Image

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

HL is on my to do list every Monday.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee