Adhesive, snacks, caffeine.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---
justred2u
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 4

Re: How Do You Prepare For The Crop?

Post by justred2u »

Hey ladies ... the crop hasn't started yet!  It doesn't start until 3:00 p.m. eastern time on this Friday.  This is the link to the crop schedule:
www.acherryontop.com/forum/viewtopic.phpLike GrandmaFlowers said ... adhesive, adhesive, adhesive, snacks, caffeine, Do Not Disturb sign to hang on the door so your family doesn't bother you, maybe a meal or two (or maybe three), and don't forget the camera.  There are bingo games.  Look for the posts (I will add some links here in a minute) for the bingo games ... i.e. Oscar Bingo.  You will have to pick 25 from the list and p.m. them to the person in charge of it so you will be entered in the game.  Then at the appropriate time she will post 5 items at a time and then a few minutes later she will post the next 5 until someone hollars bingo.

I so sound like a pro at this!!!  I didn't even get to join the last crop after buying about 5 of the projects.  MY FAMILY ... couldn't leave me alone for even 15 minutes ....  uuuuuuggggghhhhhhh!!!  I was furious ... so this time, I told them I was going to the local Hampton Inn or some place they couldn't find me if they don't just leave me alone for the weekend.  It just dawned on me about something here ... I can tell it is women in charge of the crops!!!  They don't have their kids for the weekend if the kids are from a previous marriage ... the ex has the kids. lol :winkb:  (My son has his 2 boys for the weekend AND had them at the last crop ... he his a paramedic and had to work all weekend)

Anyway, join in Friday at 3!!
Leslie Mar 1/10
ImageImage
1) Rebel. Refuse to accept the idea that creativity is work.
2) Play. Think like a child.
3) Zone. Tune out negative vibes.
4) Feel. Open your heart, nurture your imagination.
Shanscraps
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 92

Post by Shanscraps »

I usually just jump in unprepared...
ShanShan
reneyodum
Cherry Tart

Post by reneyodum »

How do you crop? Do you do it online or meet up somewhere?
Sus79
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1714

Post by Sus79 »

reneyodum wrote: How do you crop? Do you do it online or meet up somewhere?
We crop here this weekend :-D :-D :-D

Take a look here
ImageImageImageImageImage

Retiree3
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 5469

Post by Retiree3 »

Ladies,
Thanks for all the info. I have never done a crop before and had no idea about it either. I will be better prepared now. (I hope)
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

scrapaholic
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 5

Post by scrapaholic »

I try to preplan alot of pages, ie, pair up pictures with paper and some of the embellishments I like, then I just cut the pictures etc. and glue them down. Having an idea ahead of time of what paper etc you will use helps alot.
Have a coke and a smile!Image
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1754

Post by beachlover »

scrapaholic wrote:I try to preplan alot of pages, ie, pair up pictures with paper and some of the embellishments I like, then I just cut the pictures etc. and glue them down. Having an idea ahead of time of what paper etc you will use helps alot.
I began doing the same thin g, and I saved some of the 12x12 plastic bags that my paper from my ACOT orders came in. That way when I had things put together that I wanted to use together, I put them all in the bag so they could not get separated when shifted around.
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

ivetty
Cherry Tart

Post by ivetty »

Thanks for all the tips.. I hope to join this group on this days..
Ivetty "LATIN SCRAP DIVA"
ALLABOUTMEANDMYSCRAPBOOK.BLOGSPOT.COM
3 Pals
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 49

Post by 3 Pals »

Ya...what she said...

Seriously though, I have been here for awhile but don't post much but ALWAYS take time for the crops ...they are great..I have lots of snacks, drinks (martinis keep me awake for some strange reason) and adhesive... I have finally got into the routine to make sure I have most of what I need for the classes (you can always get the "extras" later if need be) and of course my Bingo lists!!!!! If you are new don't be intimidated...I was at first but you will get into a grove and eventualy you will become addicted to these crops!!! I plan my week at work so I can leave as early as possible on Friday...ask my daughter she knows when one is coming up (she is 18) lots of prepared things, clean scrap area - I go around Thursday night doing my weekend cleaning/errands...she thinks it is funny...I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!
ImageImage Image
Ann
jannyf
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 148

Post by jannyf »

Wow! I'm excited. DH is leaving on Thursday for a weekend trip, sooooooo I'll have the house to myself. However, he usually takes the camera, so I need to come up with an alternative pretty quickly. Maybe I'll run to Wally World and get a cheap one or something.

Thanks for all the tips ladies. I'm looking forward to working with everyone and getting some serious scrapping done!!!!!!
- Jan

letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 846

Post by letumom »

jannyf wrote:Wow! I'm excited. DH is leaving on Thursday for a weekend trip, sooooooo I'll have the house to myself. However, he usually takes the camera, so I need to come up with an alternative pretty quickly. Maybe I'll run to Wally World and get a cheap one or something.

Thanks for all the tips ladies. I'm looking forward to working with everyone and getting some serious scrapping done!!!!!!

Let him take the cheapo, so you can have the good one to take your pics! LOL!
Laurie

Northern Brat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 253

Post by Northern Brat »

Usually the most important for me is getting the family busy doing something to leave me and the computer ALONE!
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage
craftyfool
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 247

Post by craftyfool »

letumom wrote:Let him take the cheapo, so you can have the good one to take your pics! LOL!

I was thinking the same thing!!! :winkb:
Retiree3
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 5469

Post by Retiree3 »

Since I've never done a crop, I' wasn't sure about what to prepare. All of you ladies have helped me. Thank you x3.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 356

Post by killarney_rose »

I AM SO EXCITED!

Yesterday, I realized I done nothing to get ready for the crop when I informed my son that I would be set up in the living room. James you can still have your Lan Party (living room is transformed into a mass of computers all connected to each other). BUT MY CROP TAKES PRIORTY AND SPACE!

OMG! It was like now what do I do? My first crop like Ann's was this year only mine was the Spring NSD Crop. I so was clueless. So I went back to the Crop page and found this thread!

Thank you ladies for the help!

So far the list has the following:

1) Purchase another 4x8 table (the other is at the ranch, need one anyway for a Field Day we are having in Sept at the ranch)
2) Need to make sure I have plenty of adhesive, check scrap closet at house
3) Grocery Shopping so the COLLEGE KIDS LEAVE ME ALONE, except for Lynn's walks for recovery.
4) Transfer part of the living room into my crop space and set up computer Thursday night
5) Fill my CM Power Layout Box with photos and paper & embellies to match photos.
6) Scrap box in easy reach for Fast Scraps
7) List what I want to do during the crop

And the Big #1 thing to get ready is to read the rest of this thread for more ideas. I'm off to start. Otherwise I will not get done.
craftyfool
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 247

Post by craftyfool »

Sounds like a good list Kim! This thread was stared a year ago and keeps getting added to, it's very extensive and I'm not sure anything is missing at this point so you should be set in about 2 hours when you're done reading....LOL :-D
pinkie915
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 1

Post by pinkie915 »

Thanks for all of the info. that each of you have given. I am really nervous about this, & oh did I say SUPER EXCITED also...
www.marisheart.blogspot.com

~ Live ~ Love ~ Laugh ~
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

I know it's been mentioned along w/other things, but be sure to print out the crop schedule!! It's already up so you can do that now - and it's good to print it in color so the different types of things (classes/challenges/bingo/fast scraps) are easily distinguishable. :) Then of course make sure you have a pen handy to write down the directions or at least names of the Challenges, etc., on that list as each is begun/announced, so that you remember what's what & don't have to keep looking them up on the computer (the board will move FAST during a crop!).
Image Image

Return to “General Talk”