**Meet a Friend Challenge** WINNERS!!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

THarkins
Cherry Tart

Re: **Meet a Friend Challenge**

Post by THarkins »

I am very new to this board and could really use some friends so this is a great challenge.

Ladies, feel free to PM me, I would love to find some friendly ladies.  :-D

---Tonya
kennabeans
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 39

Post by kennabeans »

What an excellent idea. I have sent some PM's and am anxiously awaiting my answers. :-D
ImageImageImage
kennabeans
Cherry Cola

Post by kennabeans »

I asked susvlgeo a few questions and here is what she said.

She has been scrapping for 6 and 1/2 years and scraps paper only. She scraps her one and only Cole the most and really loves to use Stickles. Me too!! Her favorite "brick and Mortar" store is Archivers.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. It was fun to hear a little bit about you.

Lynn
ImageImageImage
kennabeans
Cherry Cola

Post by kennabeans »

I have seen beachlover's name around the board so I asked her a few questions to get to know her better. Here is what she said.

She only scraps paper because she is a digi dork. lol She has had various favorite embellishments through the years but at the time Kaiser pearls are her favorite. She has been scrapping for eight years but only been at ACOT for about a year. She will definately be Cropping this weekend. She scraps a little bit of everything and plans to get her entire life done as well as her son's, someday.

Thanks for taking the time to answer a few questions, Lynn
ImageImageImage
kennabeans
Cherry Cola

Post by kennabeans »

I just had to meet AlwaysHappy. I loved her screen name and wanted to learn more about her. She was kind enough to answer my questions.

She has been scrapping for about 5 years and started out with digital but has since switched to paper. She loves the textures and combinations you can use on papers. Her favorite embellishment is charms and she prefers the vintage looking ones. IF she could learn something new, it would be stamping and distressing inks. She would really like to be at the crop this weekend since she has never done an online crop but her daughter may be in town so she may not be able tojoin us. Bummer that you may not be here but time with your daughter is definately more important. Have a great weekend.

Lynn
ImageImageImage
SarahA
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 358

Post by SarahA »

I met Lynn, aka Kennabeans.Are you going to be around for the crop this weekend? I hope to be around. I am going shopping today to get supplies and snacks and I told dh about it. So the groundwork has been laid for a weekend of scrapping with friends. Image
What is your fave scrappy supply? I really love Cat's Eye Inks and Felt Fusion, not sure which I love more lol
What technique do you want to do that you haven't done yet? I do not know how to use Glimmer Mist
Where are you from? We live in Iowa but travel with my husband for his work and we have lived in Iowa, Pennsylvania and Indiana in the last 9 months. One of the best things about traveling is visiting different scrap stores. he he
Favorite reality show? I love the BIggest Loser. I could really stand to be on it myself but instead I sit and eat my junk food while I watch the show.
bacherry
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 6

Post by bacherry »

Here are the wonderful people that I have meet.

SarahA
Are you new or old to ACOT? I've been here for about a year.
What kind of camera do you use? I have a Nikon D60 DSLR and I absolutely LOVE it!

Do you have any pets? No pets here- my daughter is severely allergic to dogs & cats, so we had to give them away.
What eles do you like to do other than scrapbooking? Reading, hanging out outdoors in the summer, being with family.
What is your favorite scrapbooking item? My distressing tool has been getting tons of use! I'm also in love with my new Slice!
How did you get into scrapbooking? I've always been crafty, but after my daughter was born I really got into scrapping.

JulianaM 
Are you new or old to ACOT? Newer
What kind of camera do you use? An old Canon SLR Digital Rebel
Do you have any pets? A horse named Woody
What eles do you like to do other than scrapbooking? Read & Workout
What is your favorite scrapbooking item? paper
How did you get into scrapbooking? my best friend introduced me to it about 12-13 years ago!

Grandma Flowers
Are you new or old to ACOT?   I'm relatively new.  I think I joined last fall some time.
What kind of camera do you use?  I have a Casio digital camera.  Not fancy, but it has a big screen to review my pictures, which I love.
Do you have any pets?  Not any more.  We had a cocker spaniel named Brandy when our kids were young, but after she died the kids were gone and we didn't get another pet.
What eles do you like to do other than scrapbooking?  I love to read, spend time with my grandkids, travel.
What is your favorite scrapbooking item?  Hmm.  I guess my paper cutter because that's what I use the most.  I love scrapbook stuff.
How did you get into scrapbooking?  I took a class at our LSS probably ten years ago and was hooked.

NLove0598
Are you new or old to ACOT?  I have purchased from them before, but did not realize they had a message board.  I just posted for the first time this week.
What kind of camera do you use?  I have a Canon Digital Rebel. 
Do you have any pets?   I have 2 kitties and a 40 gallon fish tank full of fish.  I love all animals and grew up on a farm.  I would love to move to a farm so I could have even more animals.
What eles do you like to do other than scrapbooking?  I love music and it is my greatest passion.  I also crochet and love to cook.
What is your favorite scrapbooking item?   I love my Tonic Trimmer and any and all paper.  I have a paper addiction.
How did you get into scrapbooking?   For Christmas in 2002 my DH surprised me with an XXL Tote full of scrapbooking supplies.  He had gotten the idea from a coworker whose wife scrapbooked.  I had never even said anything about scrapbooking but he thought it would be perfect for me as a new hobby especially given that I had a 2 year old to use as my muse.   I fell in love instantly and have not looked back.

:)April 
kennabeans
Cherry Cola

Post by kennabeans »

This is so much fun. I am off to meet more new people.
ImageImageImage
suslvgeo
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 517

Post by suslvgeo »

Last week for this too.....why don't you incorporate the Meet and Greet from the crop with this? :) Just make sure to post here, because that is where I will be pulling names from.
SUS ImageImageImage
Monet06
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 2

Post by Monet06 »

I hope I am doing this right but here goes I PM'ed Henu_Nea and she has been scrapping for  about four years she has 3 pets and she baked cookies on Friday.
Monet06
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 2

Post by Monet06 »

the second person that I PM'ed is skinnimini  and she is a newbie on the boards as well, he go to items are ATG Gun and MM trimmer and she doesn't get to go to crops.
suslvgeo
Cherry Addict

Post by suslvgeo »

will be posting winners to this tomorrow!!!!! :inlove:
SUS ImageImageImage
suslvgeo
Cherry Addict

Post by suslvgeo »

You guys did great and I just love that so many people did this. 50 points each to the following

sarahA
Mabuglet
Montana_girl
bluetulip
alwayshappy
writerlady
henu_nea
Cimorosete
Miss DaisyNC
kennabeans
bacherry
SUS ImageImageImage
montana_girl
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 280

Re: **Meet a Friend Challenge** WINNERS!!

Post by montana_girl »

Thanks!  It was a lot of fun getting to know my fellow Cherries!  :inlove:
Stacy
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

Thank you!  This has helped me a lot - and I think I may keep doing it!
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

Cimorosete
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 233

Post by Cimorosete »

Thanks Sus and Congrats to the other ladies.
((¸¸.·´*~Treasa·´*¨¨))
May LOs-
My Blog

ImageImageImageImage
Grandma Flowers
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 5

Post by Grandma Flowers »

Congratulations, ladies!  I can't believe I got about this challenge.  I usually participate and love it.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---
kennabeans
Cherry Cola

Post by kennabeans »

Thank you for the bonus points. It was fun to meet some new ladies.
ImageImageImage
scrapbelle
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 51

Post by scrapbelle »

Congrats ladies!!!!
Image Image

Return to “General Talk”