What healthy thing are you doing for yourself.

Moderator: ACOT Employee

LKappy
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 106

Re: What healthy thing are you doing for yourself.

Post by LKappy »

I am trying to eat better (semi following the WW plan)... cook more instead of eating out. I really want to get into an exercise routine.

What multi-vitamins/vitamins do you ladies recommend? Is all fish oil the same? I go to the vitamin aisle and feel lost.
~*Lisa*~

1LuckyMom
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 155

Post by 1LuckyMom »

I love to see these threads - they are always so encouraging, and you can get some great ideas from other people! 

I have always been a runner and relatively active person - right now I am training for an 8k race at the end of March.  But my eating habits are not the greatest, so my goal right now is to eliminate empty calorie snacks during the day; I always have some kind of snack while I'm scrapping during my son's afternoon nap, but now, instead of low calorie fake sugar snacks, I have some fruit or nuts instead.  So far I'm really enjoying it, and it takes only a small portion to stop any cravings AND fills me up until dinner.  Also I'm trying to drink enough water during the day - something I've never been good at!
And note I only said during the day - hubby and I almost always enjoy an evening snack after our son is in bed, like ice cream, or wine, and I'm not giving that up :-D
lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 856

Post by lilkoala3 »

Just to clarify, I think it's great that you guys are being healthy!  I didn't want to sound like a downer!  I just want to eat a stinkin cookie once in awhile!
Leslie
scrapinoz
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 4

Post by scrapinoz »

I have recently lost 10 kilos (22 pounds) by going on a low carb diet that lets me have one day off a week to eat as much junk as I like, love it the best of both worlds! It is called the Bodytrim system and I have been doing it for 3 months now and have found it incredibly easy. I also try and do the Wiifit at least 3 times a week and walk for 1/2 hour a day. Like a lot of you I take Omega 3 and a multi-vitamin each day as well :)
Sonya
Australia
Nikki_E
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 19

Post by Nikki_E »

I drink lots and lots and lots of water.  And take vitamins.
Nikki

When you see me with a smile on my face, then you'll know I'm a mental case. ~ Alice Cooper
scrapsakes
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 451

Post by scrapsakes »

i have gone back to working out (aerobics/stretchbands/yoga combo), then i
 switch it up with freestyle dancing for 2 hrs. (i look like a total lunatic doing
 this, but as long as i'm moving & sweating right? :winkb:) and weather permitting
 i brisk-walk around the lake for an hour... i've to get used to doing crunches
 or sit-ups again (like 300 or so) cuz i can't seem to get rid of the baby pouch!
 seriously, my youngest is like already 5 years old... omg, i totally suck, lol  :?

this is where i need to do more meditation to rid of negative thoughts  :-D but
 i do take a multi-vit, plus a calcium-magnesium combo & i chew on flax seeds.
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)
happayscrappay
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 315

Post by happayscrappay »

I've been gettig into the gym a couple of times a week.  So far I've lost 8 pounds and feel alot better.
scrapsakes
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 451

Post by scrapsakes »

lilkoala3 wrote: Just to clarify, I think it's great that you guys are being healthy!  I didn't want to sound like a downer!  I just want to eat a stinkin cookie once in awhile!

les, why can't you eat a cookie?  are you on a strict diet or something?
 i've got a delish, can't-have-just-one chocolate chip cookie recipe!! ;)
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)
JulianaM
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 259

Post by JulianaM »

WOW! Some of you are way serious about being healthy!
I wish I had that kind of drive!
I have just recently started cutting back on my Dr. Pepper intake.  Not that I drank that many, but I never used to drink sodas until a couple years ago.  It started out as one here & there.  Next thing I knew I was drinking one every day.  Hopefully I can stick with it!
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 1270

Post by Laura Fiore »

Well, with working, I'm down to two snacks a day. And I only keep healthy snacks in my locker at work...cashews, almonds, applesauce, a little fruit. I'm also drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day...always. 

I've subbed out all of my aerobics classes this month, so I can get trained in my job, so I'm running more in the mornings again. I also take fish oil along with a multi vitamin.

Lisa, my Dr. said you can get the fish oil at Costco, so I'm assuming they're all pretty much the same.
AlwaysHappy
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 227

Post by AlwaysHappy »

LOL I am one of those old people who has a box of meds.  I feel terrible now because I'm not doing anything special for my health.  I really need to change my evil ways.  LOL
Image ImageImage

stephfez
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 28

Post by stephfez »

I used to be an extremely active and fit person and then graduated from college and the jobs I had ran me ragged.  3 kids and 5 years later I am trying to get back in shape. My weight is fine (I am back to pre-pg wt from before I ever got pg) but I am doing weights for strength trainings and I am trying to get myself back to cardio. I hate cutting foods and get very grumpy when I cut sweets/caffeine/etc so I exrecise so I don't have to do that. We eat pretty healthily so I don't worry about my bad habits. I want to make time to get on my bike again this summer, it has been too long.

I am trying to carve out more me time, I realized I was getting the wrinkle between your eyes you get when you are angry a lot so I am trying to make sure I am smiling more and I also bought myself some wrinkle cream - I don't mind wrinkles, just not THAT one.  I am putting on makeup each day for me, even if it is just powder and lips - my grandmother was right, it does make a difference in the image you project to the world.
Stephanie

Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool Image
Janshotgun
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 88

Post by Janshotgun »

Well, I need to lose weight but some of the pills I'm on make it hard to do.  I take a pill for my diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol. 
I do watch my fat and carbs as much as I can - I drink fruit smoothies for breakfast with an orange and blueberries or blackberries (picked from my garden last summer and frozen).  I eat alot of salads and whole grain bread and pasta and brown rice.  I have a hard time with the water beacause we have well water - but I do drink bottle water in the summer - just have a hard time drinking it when it is so cold in the house!  I do drink hot teas and coffee  most days.

I take a vitamin for over 50 year olds, 2 calcium with vitamin D, potassium, magnesium, folic acid with extra B vitamins, Fish oil capsules (Sam's sells ones with no fish aftertaste), chromium picolinate, and capsules called alpha Fibe(at GNC) which are supposed to block some of the fat you eat - take one with every 9 grams of fat you consume.

I'm using the treadmill in the winter and try to go on most days - as long as I can listen to music while I walk on it, I'm ok. 
So I am trying!!
Jan - trying to find my way

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Firegems
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 15

Post by Firegems »

well for me I'm trying to eat more fruit as  I very rearly eat fruit, also trying to cut back on my portins and trying to add more activity to my day so that I am getting some exercise.
Firegems

Return to “General Talk”