Body Lotion

Moderator: ACOT Employee

LKappy
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 106

Body Lotion

Post by LKappy »

What do you use AND LOVE? Or do you have a routine that works wonders?

I have very dry skin on my legs and I want something that will make me have baby soft skin. :-D

I have been using Eucerin for about 3 weeks because I thought it was supposed to be great....not for me...at all. I think it actually made it worse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :inlove:
~*Lisa*~

Grandma Flowers
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 5

Re: Body Lotion

Post by Grandma Flowers »

I need something that works on my face.  It is so dry it sometimes hurts.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---
cat1393
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 221

Post by cat1393 »

I was told for the dry skin....drink more water. You aren't hydrated enough.
But, I like the Bath and Body Works. I don't sneeze and wheeze from it. Can't use perfume, I sneeze and wheeze from that. But AVENO works great.

Grandma-Flowers, I work outdoors. At night and morning I clean my face w/ the good old fashion Ponds Cold Cream, and I don't have dry skin! Then before I leave, I use Biore SPF15 facial moisturizer or the Neutrogena one.

Christine
bluetulip
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 2

Post by bluetulip »

I have extremely sensitive skin and can't use a lot of products.  The one that has worked the best for me is the Aveeno products - I use the lotion and the face products as well.  It works well for me!
ImageImageImageImage
MLee
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 404

Post by MLee »

Mostly Aveeno for me as well but recently, on a trip through MO, I purchased both a face cream and hand cream with olive oil and Vitamins E&D. It also has UV protectors. It is the most amazing stuff I have ever used!! It's by Artemis and you can get it at lorisoapandsponges.com 100% natural, no scent or additives and WOW, it works.

And I've been doing Diana's water challenge so much that my kidney floated off down the mountain somewhere but my skin is looking a LOT better.

LKappy
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 106

Post by LKappy »

I have tried to drink more water for that reason, but I cannot stand the stuff....horrible, I know.

I usually use face lotion from The Body Shop (LOVE IT) but I am out, so I have been using Aveeno face lotion and really like it. I think I will try the body lotion.

Thanks, ladies!
~*Lisa*~

SarahA
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 358

Post by SarahA »

For body, my daughter's derm told us to use Cetaphil because of her really dry skin & eczema. It is fragrance & dye free and really works wonders!
For my face I use Lancome Aquafusion- it's perfect- not too greasy, but still really hydrates and has SPF!
AlwaysHappy
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 227

Post by AlwaysHappy »

For body, I like Gold Bond lotion. For face, I wash with Dove.  It's so soft and creamy.  Hum, a hot shower sounds good about now. 
Image ImageImage

MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

Post by MOM2SNOX »

I love Satin Skin by Mary Kay... :) It goes a long way too!!
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!
jenn-jenn
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 70

Post by jenn-jenn »

Medicated Gold Bond for your body and feet is goooooooood!
Goal-Oct 09-0/10
dianagirly
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 812

Post by dianagirly »

I started working out a little tiny bit and it's easier to get the water down now, lol. I have been using Queen Helena's Cocoa Butter lotion for years. I totally contribute my ZERO stretch marks on my belly to it! ( and Dude, I gained 50lbs with each of those babies!)

Anyway, it's super cheap too, which is nice!
scrappin44
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 54

Post by scrappin44 »

I use keri lotion, sometimes shea butter
ImageImage
Shanscraps
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 92

Post by Shanscraps »

Bath and Body Works, vanilla bean noel is my fave...
ShanShan
craftyfool
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 247

Post by craftyfool »

I LOVE Visibly Fit Body Lotion by Mary Kay.  LOVE IT.  I get really dry skin in the winter (forced air heat) and it keeps me soft as a baby's bottom!  :-D
Northern Brat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 253

Post by Northern Brat »

Me likes Aveeno too!  For my feet (and they need help) I use the Gysomed sp?.  A dermintolgist told me that if the lotion doesn't have glycerine in the lotion, then you are wasting your time.  (I am talking about dry hands and feet) can't imagine that on your face!
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage
Ladybug11
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 88

Post by Ladybug11 »

I use Lubriderm and it works great...the regular fragrance free....i think its the blue one!!  My skin was rediculously dry from the weather and i started using it and it made a dramatic difference!
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1067

Post by pawprints »

I use Aveeno as an overall body lotion and love it. I have extremely sensitive skin, especially on my face so for that I use Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. The lotion is great too but the gel is oil free. Expensive but worth it not to have my face blotch or have those little red spots pop up here and there.

ImageImage Image Image  

BugLover
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 30

Post by BugLover »

Bath N Body....moonlit path.   I don't know why, but bath and body lotion seems so soak in much better than any other lotion i've used.  I love that stuff!   And it's great to put lotion on, right after you get out of the shower and dry off.  Don't wait till you're already dry, because you're pores are closed and skin is already beginning to itch from being dried out.
Nothing makes me happier than seeing the word "CLEARANCE"
SG_Becky
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 18

Post by SG_Becky »

I have had trouble with dry skin in the past, but since I switched to using Suave Shea & Cocoa Butter Body Wash (bonus - it's cheap!) from Dove a couple of years ago my skin has been fabulous, even in winter.  And I live in Michigan, lol!  It never looks dry or patchy, but it doesn't feel greasy either.  For lotion, I have used Avon Skin-So-Soft (love the Soft & Sensual scent) every day after I get out of the shower for at least 10 years.  Love that stuff.
montana_girl
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 280

Post by montana_girl »

The Mary Kay lotion works best for me.  I have tons of little sample/travel sized bottles of other brands, but the Mary Kay lotion is what I go back to. 
Stacy

Return to “General Talk”