Bye bye Uterus

Moderator: ACOT Employee

dianagirly
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 812

Bye bye Uterus

Post by dianagirly »

Well, it looks like it is time to say goodbye to my uterus. It has given me three beautiful babies, which I am very grateful for...but it's not looking very healthy and we are leaning towards just taking it out. I'm only 28, but I did know that I was done having kids.
 I am interested to hear from anyone else who has had theirs removed. I should be able to keep my ovaries, so it wouldn't be a complete hysterectomy.
 I don't think I would be a candidate for the laporoscopy procedure because of my severe cervical dysplesia. I'll know more after a couple more appointments (one being tomorrow).

scrapsakes
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 451

Re: Bye bye Uterus

Post by scrapsakes »

oh my goodness, diana, that is one huge move and am sorry...
 i have heard though that a lot of women are happy afterwards.
 i hope that'll be your case as well -- goodluck & keep us posted!
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)
dianagirly
Cherry Cropper

Post by dianagirly »

I'm a little bit sad-mostly because of me not having "time" for this. Overall though- I am thinking good riddance! I never want to think about it again! LOL
SarahA
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 358

Post by SarahA »

Good luck with your appointments. Keep us posted!
AnnOminous
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 211

Post by AnnOminous »

What do you mean by laporopschy procedure?  Last I heard it was either done going up the vagina or by cutting open the stomach?  Is there a new way?
Kara
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 69

Post by Kara »

I do hope this is the answer you have been needing!! I am sorry but i am happy that you have your babies!
Image \ ImageImage
dianagirly
Cherry Cropper

Post by dianagirly »

Yes Ann, now you can often have just the tiny incision to have it removed rather than the 6 inch slice.
Bunnee
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 13

Post by Bunnee »

I had mine taken out in late July. I was really apprehensive about it even knowing I was done having kids. I thought 5 was good!(I'm 38) I was sad though! But I think it's better to have it removed & be happy & healthy with out it than having monthly displeasure with it. I kept getting polyps & was bleeding 3 weeks out of the month. I was miserble! But now....I'm a happy woman! I see the Always & Kotex commercials & just smile & think "I don't have to worry about those anymore!"  I still have my ovaries & still have "monthly symptoms" of sorts. But they're getting less & less. Another good thing about leaving your ovaries in is that you don't have to worry about taking hormone therapy pills for the rest of your life!
You can PM me with questions if you'd like!
^Bunnee~ http://www.freewebs.com/bunnee5/index.htm
Momma to 5 wild & beautiful kids Bryce, Kayla, Spencer, Laicey & Dallin
Northern Brat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 253

Post by Northern Brat »

Sorry to hear this Diana.  (((HUGS))) 
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage
ctaylor0312
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 52

Post by ctaylor0312 »

Sorry I can't help.  I have both of my stuff.
ImageImageImageImage
LKappy
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 106

Post by LKappy »

Sorry you have to have surgery. Hopefully you can have it done vaginally so that the recovery is easier.
~*Lisa*~

Shanscraps
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 92

Post by Shanscraps »

good luck with that...
ShanShan
JulesinParadise
Tiki Bar Mgr
Gallery: 349

Post by JulesinParadise »

Good thoughts going out to you.  Hope all goes well and recovery is speedy!
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1059

Post by pawprints »

I had mine removed in 1998 when I was 44 but still have my ovaries. I have no regrets and am glad I made the decision that I did. I have been period free for a little over 10 years and have not missed it one bit! I am glad I made the decision that I did. I had to have mine removed by major surgery too, and I call my scar my smile lol. Can hardly even see it anymore. If you have any questions Diana feel free to PM me if you'd like.

Image Image Image

Grandma Flowers
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 5

Post by Grandma Flowers »

Best of luck to you.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---
AnnieLaurie
Cherry Tart

Post by AnnieLaurie »

Wow, sorry you have to consider surgery.  Hope all goes well, and keep us updated.
AnnOminous
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 211

Post by AnnOminous »

dianagirly wrote: Yes Ann, now you can often have just the tiny incision to have it removed rather than the 6 inch slice.
What do they do - cut it up inside of you in order to get it out through such a small hole? 

But you said you can't have it done that way....  If you can, get it done vaginally.  That's what my mother had done and the recovery was very quick.  I had endemetriosis clean up surgery done with the big "bikini cut" incision.  Before that I've had an apendectomy done with the bikini cut.  Not only does it hurt because you just got cut open, but it hurts when you cough or sneeze, hurts when you pee, really hurts when you number 2 and even hurts when you laugh!!  You feel like your insides are going to spill out!!!

But if you have to have the big cut, make sure you get the smoothest riding car that you can to take you home from the hospital.  You will feel every bump in the road and it will feel like your guts are going to spill out.  Speed bumps are agony!!  Take the long way home if you have to in order to avoid them!!!  Afterwards there were a certain number of weeks (I think maybe 2) that they told me to stay home and avoid going out in a car.  They said it was because if you had the bad luck to get in an accident there could be serious complications.  But the bumps in the road were still painful.  My mother did come and take me out to lunch one day after car rides were allowed (I was getting stir crazy).  The car ride was fine except for the speed bumps in the parking lot - they were agony!!!
LoveMyBella
Product Promotions
Gallery: 437

Post by LoveMyBella »

When I worked on Peds and there weren't enough kids to fill the beds, we'd take the GYN surgicals.  From what I can remember, cervical dysplasia makes you a candidate for the vag-hyst.  But, it depends quite a bit on uterus size and whether or not they want to peek around in there with a scope.  You could just end up with the lap-assisted-vag-hyst.  We had very few abdominal hysterectomies.  Just not necessary in most cases. 

Good luck!  I hope you get the least painful route possible! 

LoveMyBella
Product Promotions
Gallery: 437

Post by LoveMyBella »

AnnOminous wrote:
dianagirly wrote: Yes Ann, now you can often have just the tiny incision to have it removed rather than the 6 inch slice.
What do they do - cut it up inside of you in order to get it out through such a small hole? 

Yup. 

My husband had his spleen removed laparoscopically.  They cut it out, put it in a small baggie and "blend" it to a liquid, then remove the baggie.  All through little cuts in his stomach.  Crazy!

Janshotgun
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 88

Post by Janshotgun »

Diana,  I hope everything goes well with you and you will feel better soon!  Keep us posted!
Jan - trying to find my way

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “General Talk”