We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

tinkerbelldani

Sweet Cherry Pie

Needs ideas
 My son is in 8th grade. The 8th graders are the first graduating class of this middle school. It's a brand new school. I have a meeting next Friday with PTSA to think about end of the year activities for them. If you have any ideas I would love to hear them. I will bring them in to the meeting. I was thinking of tshirts with all the 8th graders' names, maybe some kind of special dinner for them or lunch in the weekend alone or with parents, etc.

Thanks
ImageDani

naney1952

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Needs ideas
How about an overnight field trip somewhere....that's what the schools in my area do. The kids really love it cause it makes them feel grown up.  :winkb:
Jane ImageImage Image
LOYAL COLTS FAN

tinkerbelldani

Sweet Cherry Pie

naney1952 wrote:How about an overnight field trip somewhere....that's what the schools in my area do. The kids really love it cause it makes them feel grown up.  :winkb:

We can't do an overnight here. Chaperones would have to be teachers, if parents go as chaperones they need to have a background check. Is hard to trust anybody to stay with your kids overnight.
 Remember I live in Miami!!    LOL
ImageDani

jmo95

Cherry Cola

How about a semi formal dance?  Not as fancy as prom...but you get the idea.
Jenn
Don't fear the challenge, challenge the fear.

Image Image

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

How about a track and field day with prizes.  Or maybe a potluck picnic.  Or a fun fair.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

tinkerbelldani

Sweet Cherry Pie

Good ideas, I writing them all.
 Keep them coming. Image
ImageDani

MamaK321

Cherry Addict

my high school did a senior night when we graduated and it was THE funnest thing! I think the 8th graders would get a kick out of having their own special carnival thing. think stations with different activities going on, like an open snack/beverage bar, huge blow up slide, sumo or jousting arena, mini carnival games, movie room with popcorn machine, yearbook signing table, some cool keepsake crafts, etc.  You can get a lot of the local businesses to help support a "safe and drug/alchohol free" event for the kids. :winkb:
Image Image

Janet

Cherry Jubilee

Last year, at my middle school, we had a celebration for hopefully doing our best on the state tests.  It was like a little carnival...in the gym, or outside, I guess depending on the weather.  There were booths of games and food items, and prizes we bought and that were donated including ipods and a wii.  We didn't have all the kids at one time, but we had them come in by grade level.  It was just awesome.  It was well planned and so organized, it went smoothly.  Probably one of my favorite things we had ever done at that school.

snowangels

Sweet Cherry Pie

For my older dd's 5th grade graduation they went to the rec center.  There was swimming, indoor sports, movies, video games, dancing, and a pizza party.  Plus each kid got a tote bag with their name on it and goodies inside.

For her 8th grade graduation they went swimming all day and had a pizza party at the nearby country club.

For my younger dd's 5th grade celebration they did an indoor carnival like the other ladies have mentioned.  They each got a t-shirt and a magnet picture frame with the name of the school and the year.
- Jody -

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

Ahhhh, I remember it well! I worked on the committees for my kid's 8th grade graduation. It was quite a production, and they have scaled it back a bit since then because we were CONSTANTLY fundraising for it all!

They took a day trip to a Six Flags early in the week.  The day of graduation, they walked over to the HS for their rehearsal, then came back to the grammar school where we had a barbecue for them. Grad night, we held a themed dance...for my daughter, the kids voted for a starry, romantic (?!) theme, and for my son's they had a Hollywood theme, complete with a red carpet and a HOLLYWOOD backdrop...it was a lot of fun for the kids, but SO MUCH work!

Cimorosete

Chocolate Covered Cherry

The T shirt is an awesome idea. When my kids graduated from 5th grade to middle school. They got Tshirts with all the kids signatures on it and the year they graduated. They still have the shirts and they are 16 and just shy of 20.
((¸¸.·´*~Treasa·´*¨¨))
May LOs-
My Blog

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee