What's for dinner Christmas Eve??

Moderator: ACOT Employee

deerewife
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 483

What's for dinner Christmas Eve??

Post by deerewife »

So, what's on your menu for tonight?

We are having lasagna and garlic bread :)  This tradition started several years ago when we started having Christmas Eve at our own house.  Dh doesn't like soup.
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 1270

Re: What's for dinner Christmas Eve??

Post by Laura Fiore »

Finger foods and cookies!

This tradition started when the kids were little. We would go to the family mass at 4:30, come home and throw something quick and easy in the oven while waiting for my parents to get here. Then we would open presents from each other, and have a light dinner. It's the one time a year we really look forward to those appetizers! 
MamaK321
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1010

Post by MamaK321 »

I'm actually making Christmas dinner tonight! (I'm a weird one) I was thinking about it... why would I want to be stuck in the kitchen all day tomorrow while everyone else gets to play with their gifts?!? LOL This way we have a nice relaxed dinner leading up to the excitement of Santa coming tonight... and I get to play with my toys tomorrow and not stress over serving leftovers for dinner. haha :winkb:
Image Image
Charliesangel
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 10

Post by Charliesangel »

I'm making lasagna, garlic bread and a salad.  Dh and I usually eat late when he works. Once the kids are in bed I'll get it in the oven. 
~Keira~
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.
fong33
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 204

Post by fong33 »

Just made a simple meat sauce and served spaghetti.  The big meal will be tomorrow.
gonecamping
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 129

Post by gonecamping »

chicken fajitas..tomorrow is pork loin.
***Tanya***
CarlaB72
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 28

Post by CarlaB72 »

We are having KFC.  I am feeling lazy and my stepdaughter is coming over.
-Carla
scraptag
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 567

Post by scraptag »

Since we are going to the in-laws tomorrow, I planned a wonderful Prime rib dinner, with mashed potatoes, aparagus with parmesan cheese over it, and crescent rolls.  It was my first Prime Rib ever, and it turned out wonderfully medium rare!   The whole family loved it!  Pat, pat, pat on my own back.  lol :bluelol:
Nikki_E
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 19

Post by Nikki_E »

We are having lasagna and garlic bread too!
Nikki

When you see me with a smile on my face, then you'll know I'm a mental case. ~ Alice Cooper
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

Post by MOM2SNOX »

Homemade chicken soup and sandwiches! Bought a loaf of Tillamook Cheddar cheese and some fresh turkey slices :) Yummy!!
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!
deerewife
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 483

Post by deerewife »

Sounds like we all think alike on the lasagna!
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)
chattyscrapper
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 85

Post by chattyscrapper »

Hi, We are having Lasagna and garlic bread too.. we are home for the first time in 12 years on Christmas eve.. We are so happy and we wanted something different.. It's just me and DH so we made a mini one.. so hopefully no leftovers.. 
Cimorosete
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 233

Post by Cimorosete »

Wow...DD and I just had tuna sandwiches and chips. Really easy dinner for us!!! Not as good as everyones lasagna dinners.
((¸¸.·´*~Treasa·´*¨¨))
May LOs-
My Blog

ImageImageImageImage
CatwoMN
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 9

Post by CatwoMN »

I had leftover Beef Stroganoff. I completely forgot to put my Pot Roast in the oven or in the crock pot since I ran out to the grocery store today to get some last minutes stuff for a pot luck I'm going to tomorrow afternoon. I finally remembered it at 7:00 p.m and didn't want to have to stay up late. I'm thinking that I'll cook it before I head out to do my christmas day celebrating tomorrow afternoon. It's either that or I cook it Friday. It'll feed me for close to a week. 
{linda}
>>^..^<<
Gypsymonkey
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 441

Post by Gypsymonkey »

Christmas eve has been a totaly laid back day at our house (other than dh and I grocery shopping).  We took the mellow route and made french dip sandwiches for dinner.  Yummy!
"May you always have memories to scrap!" ~ Diana
Flapdoodle
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 3

Post by Flapdoodle »

We had Chinese take out. Not my favorite, but DH loves it.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, go find an annoying person with paper cuts.
TraciL
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 238

Post by TraciL »

we had appetizers because dh is trying to make me feel like I'm at home w/ my family.

meatballs, sausage & onions, cheese and sausage, little fried chicken bites, spinach dip & bread, carrots, cookies -

I am still full and have a huge headache -  probably from eating junk all day while he cooked and now my blood sugar is probably raging!

Probably didn't help drinking 1/2 a bottle of champagne - I love champagne
Pegster
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 263

Post by Pegster »

we go out to eat on Christmas eve every year to the same place.
Peggy
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1504

Post by Charleneanne »

Prime Rib and all kinds of goodies.  We have a big meal on Christmas Eve with DH's entire family.  Tradition started when one year older sister in law grabbed grandma for both Thanksgiving and Christmas Day dinner.  So we rather than start a family feud began having a big meal together on Christms Eve.  Grandma would come late afternoon Christmas Eve and  not leave until after the tree/gifts on Christmas morning.  Grandma is gone and the meal has moved over to my son's house but everybody comes and brings a share of the meal.  
And as always it was a wonderful evening.
stampaholic85
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 17

Post by stampaholic85 »

We had lasagna too.  Traditional, spicy with sausage, and a new one chicken alfredo.  Was very yummy.....
Image            Barb H
                                                                        Facebook page: Pink Passion Stamper

Return to “General Talk”