We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

JenniferP

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Do you hang Holiday Stockings?
 We hang them and I fill them with stuff.  Mine usually doesn't have much in it.  :?  DH gets small things that he wants in there, Roux (dog) gets treats, Amelia's will be filled by Santa.  I'd imagine she'd get small toys in there, but I don't know what he's going to pick out for her.
~Jen

baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

Ahh, the stockings......I do love me some stockings, but my dh stinks at stocking shopping!! :waiting: Two years ago, I got a stocking full of dollar tree items. Not a bad filler, but for every single item to be from there? Not cool! Than last year, it was the "It's a very Rite Aid Christmas, Charlie Brown". Again, EVERY single item is from Rite Aid. Niiiiice. But the kicker is, it's usually stuff that HE can use more than ME! About that 500count bottle of Ibuprofin, I went to take one one day (I rarely take them) and they are all gone. Turns out dh takes them EVERY day!!!!!!!! Oh, and don't get me started on the condoms and other "man" toy................ :x in MY stocking!!
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!

sarahwhithers

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Yeppers we have stockings. It's usually just small things like chocolates and small things like keychains or pens or something. Nothing too crazy goes intot he stockings, just the stuff that would get lost under the tree. :)

scrapaholic

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Like you we still do stockings though they aren't technically hung, we open them Xmas morning . Candy, gift cards small gifts etc.
Have a coke and a smile!Image

MLee

Cherry Cola

Yes, one for everyone and one big one for the poochie and one big one for the kittehs.

They are filled with the little things that mean the most and, like Laura said, sometimes the stockings are the best part of the day!

DolphinSoul

Wild Cherry

Yep we hang them!! We used to only have 4 hanging up, even though my brother wasn't with us.. we still hung up his childhood stocking. Then Bill became apart of the family.. so there's a new one.. and we have my brothers family that came down for the holidays last year.. so they all have a stocking.. 3 new for them.... and it just looked so plain with just the few this year.. so we hung up all 8 of them again in the livng room. And we also have 3 for the pets.. one for the cat, dog, and a small one for the fish! So I guess we have 11 in all! So hard to believe.. cause it doesn't look like that many!

We have no fireplace.. but we hang 2 from the quiltrack, 2 from the garland on the wall above the tv, and then the other 4 are on stocking holders. Pets are hanging off the fish tank!

It was so easy filling the stockings for the little ones... but everyone else is over 35 except me.

Usually we fill the guys stockings with movies and cd's they want. Small tools that will fit in it.. and occassionally put underwear or socks rolled up at the end of the stocking to really make it look like its full of goodies. 

For the women.. usually buy makeup, favorite candies or gums, little figurines that won't break
~ Carissa ~

craftyfool

Cherry Cola

stephfez wrote: I want her to have new ones that have not had poop in them.
Giggle.

I know the feeling!!

And yes...I hang stockings.  I usually fill them with toys.  The gifts under the tree from "me" are usually clothes, shoes & books. 

Santa gets all the glory... :?

SBcrazee

Cherry Jubilee

Yes, wo do stockings but we put stuff in them randomly throughout the month of December. We (especially the kids) love looking through their stockings every day & some times there is something in them. CD's, DVD's, chapstick, books, small toys, tooth brush, socks... I've found that my kids appreciate it much more than a bunch of gifts to open on Christmas morning.
ImageImage

DN in MN

Wild Cherry

yes :) I fill them with candy, toiletries for the older ones, cologne/perfume, small handheld games, socks, anything small they have asked for.
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

ncokely

Cherry Cola

Yes - we finally have a house with a fireplace!  I fill them Christmas Eve.  The boys all wonder how Mom's stocking has "scrappy" stuff in it!!!
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

MamaK321

Cherry Addict

we do! :-D 

I've found over the last few years that we really don't tend to eat a ton of candy at Christmas (maybe we are still reeling from Halloween, i don't know) so I've really cut back on stuffing the stockings with sweets. The girls (6 & 10) get little things like lip gloss, play jewelry, a holiday trinket like cute socks or an ornament, and maybe a CD or DVD. We try to have at least one nice thing in the stocking, the rest can just be fun.

The grownups are always harder to stuff, getting a nice pack of holiday treats (not always chocolate, sometimes nuts or cocoa) and maybe some bath & body type products, and GC fit in there nicely as well, so a Netflix or Itunes GC usually makes its way in there.
Image Image

carolynlontin

Cherry Picker

Yes we do - we hang ours by the fire place.

I do DH & DS's stockings & they do mine - I love the little goodies in the stockings!

In DH or DS's I put socks, hair gel, football cards, dvd or video game, gift cards to their fav restaurants, books, scratch lotto tickets, magazines, deck of cards, holiday edition of HotWheels, small notebooks, pencils / pens, etc ... and usually very little candy since we don't tend to eat candy.

DH & DS ROCK at filling my stocking - it's usually filled with Starbucks & small scrappy items, magazines, gift cards, lotion, etc - fun stuff!

MOM2SNOX

A Cherry on Top

Sure do! Even the pets get stockings of their own :)
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!

Mommybruno

Cherry Cola

Of course! And they usually get way overstuffed, despite my best intentions. Joe and Xander always get new undies in their stockings, usually a DVD, and other odds and ends.
Cassandra
"I tend to live in the past because most of my life is there." --Herb Caen
ImageImageImage

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

yep....have a stocking hanger that goes on the wall.....we put small things in there.....could be all sort of things......batteries, ornaments, socks, underwear, dvds, etc.  Whatever fits!!!!

emarie803

Cherry Jubilee

Yep, I hang them. This will be the first year for bf and his son to have them from me. Since I don't have a mantle, I got a stocking holder screen that will sit on the hearth. I got some CDs, candy, sm bags of coffee, sm bottles of hot sauce for bf. For his son, a couple candies and some small toys, a little game, and some sidewalk chalk. I probably won't get one from bf, but that's ok. My mom still does a stocking for me and she fills it with lots of non-stocking things LOL. You always get your stocking and a pile underneith of things that didn't fit!

Kim2002

Digital Designers

Yup - we stuff stockings too.  I try to put a small toy, a small book, a few candies, and a craft project. 
Kim Hill, Owner & Designer, CG Essentials
Owner, Resources 4 Photographers **photographer tools sold exclusively through A Cherry on Top**
Find me on Facebook

bluetulip

Cherry Bomb

We do at my mom's house - there is a stocking for everyone!  We actually usually alternate between a present one year and the stocking the next.  Of course, we do the grandbabies every year.  I personally love to fill the stockings - I think that its fun trying to find unique things to put in my family's stockings.
ImageImageImageImage

Shanscraps

Cherry Bing

we do stockings, its actually my favorite thing about Christmas....
ShanShan

elbagirl

Cherry Tart

I think my kids (over 21) look forward to their stocking the most. Even the boyfriends love them.  For the guys,it is beef jerky, stuff for hunting or fishing, stuff for their cars...for the girls its makeup blotters, face cleansers, razors, mini perfume, candy, they love them. Hubby and I still do stockings and he loves to wrap everything he puts in the stocking, mostly kitchen stuff and scrap stuff (the girls help pick stuff out)  Merry Christmas! :-D
Nancy

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee