Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

cynderellaj

Cherry Cola

Need Your Opinions Please
 So, my brother is engaged to a woman who has a 6 year old son from her previous marraige.  They both spend alot of time with our family.

My dilemna is this:  I am making my mom a mini-album with photos of all her grandkids in it.  Do I include the Fiance's son even though he isn't technically my mom's grandchild or do I leave it to her actual grandkids??? 

I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings on christmas when mom opens it.........

TIA!!!

ETA:  THank you all for your opinions.  I should have added that they are getting married on the 21st of December so it is before Christmas.  I really like the idea of including him so noone gets their feelings hurt, but I will put it on the last page so it can be removed easily and just hope that never happens because we really like them :-)
Image Image Image
Cyndi
I NEED SA - Scrappers Anonymous!!!

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Need Your Opinions Please
 Would it be possible to include him, but in a way that the pages can be discretely removed later if it doesn't work out?

MoochieMama

Cherry Bing

If it were me I would ask my brother what he thinks. You don't want to include the child and have his fiance get upset so I think it's best to ask him. :-D
Michelle

evilqueen

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I think you should include at least one photo of the son because you brother may be hurt if you did not because that will be his stepson soon.
Here I come to save the day! Chas
I'm the crazy lizard lady
http://scrapinlizards.blogspot.com/

SarahA

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I'd say add him or there will be hurt feelings.

Scrappin13

Sweet Cherry Pie

ewww, that's a hard one.  If they were already married, I would say yes.  Maybe you could just put one photo in there or do a separate mini frame with the 6 yr old in it.  Then hopefully there will be no hurt feelings.
Molly

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

Hmm.  A grandma can't have too many grandchildren, no matter where they come from.  Pages can be changed/removed if every necessary.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

beachlover

Cherry Addict

he is not part of the family yet right?  and you re making the bok right now?  then I would not...  but, that is just my opinion :-D
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Sus79

Cherry Cola

When I´ve made album for my mom I always included all the grandkids, both by blood and by relations. That is what I fell the best with :-D
ImageImageImageImageImage

DolphinSoul

Wild Cherry

That is hard.. but for right now.. I would not include it, b/c they are not married and a lot can change between the wedding. So just incase something doesn't work out. Because technically it isn't an 'offical' grandchild yet. That's a really touch call though.
~ Carissa ~

stampaholic85

Cherry Bing

I too think it would be best to include him maybe the last page so it could be removed it need be.....
Image            Barb H
                                                                        Facebook page: Pink Passion Stamper

She-She

Cherry Tart

You can't live for what happens tomorrow, if he is part of her life now, then include him!  I'm not married to my b/f, and if his grandson was out of my life because of a break up, I wouldn't get rid of my pics of him, he is a special part of my life now....and hopefully for a very long time!

SuzieScraper

Cherry Tart

I would include him.  Kids are kids and if you don't include him then it might hurt feelings now and later.
Sue

Give the Gift of Life -- Organ Donation

A birth certificate proves you were born,
A death certificate proves you died,
But a scrapbook proves you lived!

Shanscraps

Cherry Bing

add him....
ShanShan

hlg1rose

Cherry Berry

ok, i am in the same situation, with an older girl.  i would include the boy in a few of the pictures, you will want to make him welcome and it will make your brother and his soon to be new wife very happy.
[img:dgoiopbi]http://www.acherryontop.com/i/thumbnail ... picker.gif[/img:dgoiopbi]

heleneNY http://emptynestscraproom.blogspot.com/[/url:dgoiopbi]

"The skin I'm in is alright with me, it's not old, just older" ` JBJ

[img:dgoiopbi]http://www.acherryontop.com/i/gallery2/211014-490.gif[/img:dgoiopbi]

naney1952

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I say add him in too 
Jane ImageImage Image
LOYAL COLTS FAN

CaughtULokN2

Cherry Picker

Does your mom treat the son like a grandchild?  If so I would do a few pages with him on it.

My nephew has a step daughter and I included her in some of the things I did for my mom.  She treats her just like on of the great grandchild.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee