We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

mkcdaisy

Cherry Cola

Debt Management Program
 Has anyone here done this through Consumer Credit Counceling Services?? I went and talked to them today and know one person that has done it but just wanted some feedback on it.

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

Re: Debt Management Program
 I've never done it but I do advise people to use them because of the good I've heard.   I have some resources because I am a loan counselor for the college where I do collections.

Make sure it is part of the non profit Consumer Credit Conselling - and not one of those places that tell you that for a fee they will tell you how to get out of debt.   These are usually state government sponsored.   You can call 800 388 2227.   This is a number that will automatically connect you the nearest local office.

Also check out the National Foundation for Consumer Credit.
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

Henu_Nea

Cherry Cola

That's good information. Thanks for sharing!
ImageImage
Image Image

baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

A friend tried to do that and apparently, you have to have over 25K in debt. 
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!

DN in MN

Wild Cherry

I did it a few years ago and I was no where near the 25K in debt. It may vary state to state. I loved the program. They were awesome to deal with.
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

anazelia

Cherry Cola

I used one about 10 years ago and it was a private one.  I guess they got in trouble because they collect a small fee- about five bucks a month.  But honestly I loved them and they really taught me how to fix my credit problem and I was out of debt in a few years.  I had quite a bit of debt- I have never disclosed to amout to anyone. 

TraciL

Cherry Garcia

I've done it with CCCS and I checked into a ton of them at the time.  I didn't make enough at the time to restructure  due to medical bills.  But I was told never to pay a fee (I believe CCCS was a fee based on whatever you could give)

He was awesome and I didn't feel judged at all -

I saw a program once like 20/20 or something and people used agencies that were taking their $ but not paying their bills with it so the people started getting collection calls again and stuff.

Good Luck

naney1952

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I went and talked to them a few years ago and decided not to do it becuase they require so much information ans are very, very strict......they didn't allow for anything extra that comes up in life. I listened very closely and when the lady was done figuring and talking, I knew it wasn't for me. 
Jane ImageImage Image
LOYAL COLTS FAN

quiltenmom

Cherry Cola

I talked with our local office and they couldn't help me as they said I had too much debt for my income.  Lot of help that was. 
Maybe it's true that life begins at fifty...
but everything else starts to wear out, fall out, or spread out. Phyllis Diller

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee