We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

Jeanne Marie's Scraps

Digital Designers

twilight and bella
 ok so dd has started reading the twilight books........... i picked the 1st one up yesterday and could not put it down but I really think that the lead female is rather wimpy not very strong and has no self cofidence if this seris was written for teenagers you would think the author would have protrayed a stronger more indepentant female lead somebody please tell me this gets better in the 2nd one. i enjoied the story but really don't think that i will allow dd to read the rest? so i guess what i'm looking for is answers will bella become a decent role modle or is bella forever the weak ignorant female? 

anazelia

Cherry Cola

Re: twilight and bella
 She does get better and becomes a very strong independent young lady.   But I never viewed her as weak and ignorant, I just viewed her as a teenage girl who had little self confidence.  As many young girls are.  Perhaps you should read the rest of them before you dd and if you find them inappropriate, not let her read them.  But for what its worth,  I thought all four books were fantastic. 

Jeanne Marie's Scraps

Digital Designers

i totally agree that the story is awesome i will read the other three forsure i'm hooked lol i am just a little put off by her lack of self worth as an adult, i see the teenager in the story but a teenager may see a girl that the only thing that matters is love above ones self may be its just me i expect a heroine to be strong and indenpentent

Kelly Pyron

Digital Designers

I read them and loved them all! I think Bella becomes a very strong person.  What I love most is simply the romance without all the smut.  They are clean, interesting, and sweet.
Kelly Shults
{My Digital Designs} {My Blog}

allysonc

Cherry Cola

My opinion is Bella is really strong in the first three books. Some people really don't like the 4th book cause it feels different then the rest. That's kind of my opinion, but I talked to my friend about it who's obsessed with the books and thinks the 4th one was awesome. So either way I recommend the series. It's great. :)

Ally
Ally

anazelia

Cherry Cola

I am torn on the fourth book.  I liked the beginning of it, but not the end.  It was wrapped up to neatly.  I don't want to give anything away, but it could have ended before it did and the last few chapters could have been left out or made into another  book.

AmyTeets

Digital Designers

I loved the series and can't wait for the movie.  I think the fourth book could have been three!  Did anyone read the first chapter of the Edward POV on the site?
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!

lewisbaby

Sweet Cherry Pie

Amy - you can actually get the first 12 chapters of Midnight Sun on her site now.  There was a leak, so she went ahead and posted it because she's not sure if she's going to finish it yet.  I'm really sad, because in my opinion, Midnight Sun is the best of all of them.

Jeanne Marie's Scraps

Digital Designers

i'm hooked i finished the 2nd just now  and bella dose seems to be improveing they are well written i have enjoied the first two so i'll have topick up the thrid in the morning

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee