Did anyone watch Oprah yesterday (on cheating)?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2362

Re: Did anyone watch Oprah yesterday (on cheating)?

Post by Art_Teacher »

I can believe that statistic.  Think of it this way...half of all marriages end in divorce.  If half of those ended because of cheating, which is likely, and then there are the people who never found out...it could easily be 1 in 3.  I think it is a sad commentary on our society.  It's become way too acceptable to cheat.  I am thankful that I married the type of man I did.  I can feel secure knowing we both feel the same way about it.  Not saying he would never cheat, because you never say never, but we have a very close,communicative relationship, and I don't think he would ever feel the need to cheat.  He might be tempted, but he respects me too much, and I respect him.
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
unkit
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 15

Post by unkit »

wow! I don't like that statistic.    my question is, who are they cheating with?  if 1 in 3 men cheat, does that mean 1 in 2 women cheat?  b/c you know the men are cheating with more than one woman.    
Sudie

My blog and kit club www.UnKit.wordpress.com (affiliate with ACOT)
dianagirly
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 812

Post by dianagirly »

I believe the stastic. That is why I worship the ground my husband walks on, so that  can keep him beside his queen! And you know what? He worships me as well so he knows I never need to go looking for anything more outside of his arms. Sure we have our spats but we never put each other down and don't hold grudges.
Another key factor in prevention for us is not to allow ourselves to be put in temptations path. I don't chat with guy friends alone, I don't email privately with them, etc. Jake will not meet with a female classmate alone no matter what the project or no matter how obnoxious or ugly the girl is. LOL Because we talk about it know what our standards are and "protocols" I believe we will be able to prevent any affairs.
For me, it's not just a hope- it's faith in US.
JeanellePaige
Digital Designers
Gallery: 154

Post by JeanellePaige »

I didn't watch it, but I believe it. Unfortunatly. :(
Jeanelle Paige
My Blog ~ Lots of cool stuff there!!
My Shoppe ~ Always Sales!

MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

Post by MOM2SNOX »

Art_Teacher wrote:  I think it is a sad commentary on our society.  It's become way too acceptable to cheat. 
   Not sure why it would be a sad commentary on our society since it's a well-known fact that humans are NOT monogamous creatures. Never have been, never will be.  In fact, there are not very many species that ARE monogamous in the world.  (Wolves, swans, some varities of insects, to name a few are.)

But... with that being said, if couples go into a relationship KNOWING this and resolve NOT to become a statistic, then marriages can work and be successful.
Emsdancemom
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 223

Post by Emsdancemom »

I wouldn't be surprised if it was really 2 out of 3!
immom2anc
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 264

Post by immom2anc »

WOW! That's crazy. 1 in 3. Hmmm... I believe it. I just found out about a former co-worker (married to a GORGEOUS woman) who cheated on her at a friend's house with this girl who is, to put it nicely, a SKANK. And it's not the first time apparently!! It just doesn't make sense. He says he does it "because he can". In other words, his wife either a)doesn't know, or b)knows, but pretends not to, or c)doesn't care. I don't get it!
**Kristen**
My photography: http://www.kristencarterphotography.com
Image Image ImageImage Image
Miss Daisy-NC
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 58

Post by Miss Daisy-NC »

Sad...but I think it could be true
Charlotte
TheFiberLady
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 266

Post by TheFiberLady »

i think it's an understatement.  most of the men i know are pigs.  2 of my 3 husbands cheated on me..i don't think the dh ever would but who knows???

my mom and dad used to hang out with 3 other couples for years and my parents marriage is the only one out of the 4 that sustained and didn't have any cheating in it.  the other 3 ended in divorce   i used to see it soooo often when i lived up north, no one thinks that anyone knows what is going on ...just hang out in a local bar and don't drink you can pick out the cheaters a mile away.  i think it's sickening.
Wendy.....love my puppies!!!!!
I made the President's list..wahooo!!!!
Leeanna
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 128

Post by Leeanna »

Yowza! Very, very sad. Seems like you could at least have the decency to divorce the person before you do other hook ups.
Image Image

Return to “General Talk”