question for those with children

Moderator: ACOT Employee

anazelia
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 803

question for those with children

Post by anazelia »

I have a two year old, who doesn't like to nap any more- about three days a week she goes without and does fine.  Which means that that cuts down on my scrapping time.  At what age did you start letting your children (if you have at all) scrap with you?  I have a ton of old papers and stickers that I will never ever use, so it would be possible for her to play with those things.  I am just not sure if she is really old enough to do anything. 

Ana
jmo95
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 964

Re: question for those with children

Post by jmo95 »

My daughter will be 2 in October.  Whenever I am scrapping she wants to also.  I bought some stickers and papers from the dollar tree and let her have at it whenever she wants.  She doesn't do more than place a couple of stickers and color with her crayons...but it keeps her happy.  She is also really good at staying out of my stuff since she has her own.
Jenn
Don't fear the challenge, challenge the fear.

Image Image
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 1270

Post by Laura Fiore »

As long as you keep the scissors away from her (or only let her use them when you're helping her hold them...they can get dangerously close to hair and clothing :winkb:) she should be able to use the stickers. I'm thinking that you would still get alot less scrapping done because you'll be watching her, but it would be good playtime and great attention from mom!
DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 202

Post by DaisyLou »

My dd is 2 also and she loves to stamp. I give her some of my older faded inks and some stamps and paper and that keeps her going for a few minutes. Really though, I don't try and scrap much when she is around. I end up spending most of my time on damage control! She's still in the rip tear dip in water color on everything stage though...
bumblebby
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 5

Post by bumblebby »

I have a tote full of kiddie art supplies like construction paper, washable markers amd crayons, stickers, glue sticks, foam shapes, colouring books, etc. I pull out that tote and my three yr old loves it! I give him ideas and get him started on something and it frees up a bit of time for me.
scrap_n_angel
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 27

Post by scrap_n_angel »

The tote is such a great idea. I have one too for my boys. Mac has been able to scrap with me since he was 2. They love, love, love stickers, crayons (get the fat ones for her so that she can hold them better) and paper. Just make sure she's not putting it in her mouth. Also, as she gets older, she is going to love those deco scissors. When I scrap, the boys know exactly where to go and get their tote if they want to scrap with me. It makes it so much easier for them to know they have their own stuff, that way they won't mess with yours. Don't forget to take pics of your little scrapper.
Angelina

Bi-Scraptual. I do it both ways, paper and digital.

Come and scrap with me in my studio
Confessions of a Scrap Addict
SarahA
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 358

Post by SarahA »

jmo95 wrote: My daughter will be 2 in October.  Whenever I am scrapping she wants to also.  I bought some stickers and papers from the dollar tree and let her have at it whenever she wants.  She doesn't do more than place a couple of stickers and color with her crayons...but it keeps her happy.  She is also really good at staying out of my stuff since she has her own.
My daughter will be 2 in October, too! :)

These are all great ideas! RIght now she loves to stack my stamps up and play with them like blocks. 
Jeanne Marie's Scraps
Digital Designers
Gallery: 433

Post by Jeanne Marie's Scraps »

i have a little cus thats 4 he is content with so scraps of paper a glue stick and some punches.
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

Post by MOM2SNOX »

Oooo! Great question! The SNOX started scrapping around 16-18 months :) Here's a picture of her in the scrapping room!  Using only glue sticks and lots of pieces of scraps! Just gluing them onto a piece of paper :)

anazelia
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 803

Post by anazelia »

Wow, thanks for all the great ideas.  I will definitely get her her own tote, and let her have some glue sticks and scraps.     
OrianaVianey
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 71

Post by OrianaVianey »

My little one will be 3 in December and he stopped taking naps when he was 10 months...  The bright part is that he goes to bed at 7 pm and wake up at 8 am.  So I scrap at night
MiasMommy
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 158

Post by MiasMommy »

DD will be 4 in Nov.  She has been baby scrapping with me since she was 2.  She loves to scrap or play with all my pens and tools.  So she has her own paper and I have bought her like 3 or 4 of the foamy shapes that micheals has.  She will get up at the table with me but she usuallly only wants to do it for about 20 minutes then shes off to do something else.
She also knows what she can and cant touch.
Christina

Return to “General Talk”