We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

Mommybruno

Cherry Cola

Twilight Saga...anyone? anyone?
Has anyone else here read Stephanie Meyer's Twilight Saga? I just discovered this series like last week, and I'm already totally hooked. Sexy vampires and all that, how could you go wrong?

I got my SIL hooked too, and on Friday night we're going to Borders for Midnight Madness and to pick up the final book in the series. Then the long wait for the movie in December. And yes, I'll be wearing my new Team Edward t-shirt! :-D

If you haven't read this series, I highly recommend it. It's actually a YA series, but there's no sex, and almost no cussing (the author is Mormon). Way good!! SIL let me borrow The Host yesterday, which is an adult book written by the same author. Of course I stayed up late reading that last night, and the ending made me cry. Stupid book! How dare you make me cry!

Just passing along a sparkling recommendation to the masses! Thanks!
Cassandra
"I tend to live in the past because most of my life is there." --Herb Caen
ImageImageImage

MOM2SNOX

A Cherry on Top

Re: Twilight Saga...anyone? anyone?
 Oooooo! Never heard of the series but anything written with sexy vampires in it is a good read to me! LOL! Thanks for recommending it!

NJTheresa

Cherry Cola

hmmm I am looking for some good reading. Will put that on my list
ImageImageImageImage

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

Eh...  I'll pass if there isn't any sex.   If I'm going to read something sans sex, I read classics so that when people quote one, I know what they're talking about, and I don't look like a total dolt. 
Leslie

girlsmommy

Cherry Bomb

I just started reading Twilight.  Seems good so far.
Stacie

Image Image Image Be who you are, not who you think you should be.

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

this was really high on the list of reccomedations I recieved last week for my dd- but our local store didnt have it- so I got her some of the Maximum Ride series and order the Twilight books for her-- they should be here this weekend.

Jeanne Marie's Scraps

Digital Designers

ds has a friend reading those are they very dark? I guess that is the word I'm looking for? he says this girl talks about these books all the time...

Mommybruno

Cherry Cola

scrapprincess18 wrote: ds has a friend reading those are they very dark? I guess that is the word I'm looking for? he says this girl talks about these books all the time...
I didn't find them to be especially dark. The main vampires are very nice, and Edward (the hot, sexy one!) is trying to keep his girlfriend safe and not want to eat her at the same time. There's some sexual tension, but the author handles the more gratuitious stuff pretty well. Her vampires are very strong, and their bite is venomous - so Edward is too afraid to have sex with his gal because he could very truthfully maim her, and there's no tongue kissing because of those venomous teeth.

What's interesting for me is that the books really don't need that stuff anyway. Ditto alcoholic beverages, drugs and other typical trappings of teen books. The main story is so interesting, any of that other stuff would just detract from it.
Cassandra
ImageImageImage

scrapbooklady

Cherry Blossom

I LOVE all 3 books and I'm anxiously awaiting the new one due in August!

She also wrote "The Host" which came out earlier this summer. It is very different than the Twilight Series but it is also really good. :-D

AmyTeets

Digital Designers

All, I know, is that Bella better not break Edwards "heart"
Here's some clips of the movie coming out in Dec :D
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810010670/trailer
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!

wahoo_mom

Cherry Garcia

I recently read the first one.  Enjoyed it and thought it would be a great one for young adult readers.

Leslie, you may want to read it anyway.  It is incredibly popular and will be quoted!
Heidi
Image ImageImageImage

AmyTeets

Digital Designers

scrapprincess18 wrote: ds has a friend reading those are they very dark? I guess that is the word I'm looking for? he says this girl talks about these books all the time...
No, not dark at all :inlove:
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!

Mommybruno

Cherry Cola

Go Team Edward, LOL! Yeah, if Edward and Bella don't hook up, I'm going to be very disappointed. And if he doesn't turn her, my SIL is probably going to get violent! :winkb:

I read The Host last night, Scrapbooklady. I cried. :( It was really good!
Cassandra
ImageImageImage

craftyfool

Cherry Cola

Never heard of it but thanks for the recommendation...I'm always looking for something new to read! :-D

scrapbooklady

Cherry Blossom

yep, The Host made me cry also!

emarie803

Cherry Jubilee

My sis just got me hooked on these and I LOVE them! Can't wait for the movie either!!!

Janell

Cherry Cola

This is about the 4th post on these Twilight books. I read them last summer and TOTALLY loved all 3 of them.  My DH even loved them and my mom who is 60 loved them. I think they are all around great books. I bought all of them in hard cover, because I am sure Maya will love them when she is older too.  I preordered the 4th "Breaking Dawn" on Amazon.  What a deal $12.64 and I got free shipping because some of my friends pre-ordered with me.

I also highly recommend "The Host" also by Stephanie Meyer.  It is her first book written for adults and a lot deeper than that Twilight books, but a VERY excellent storyline.  Let's just say it is like invasion of the body snatchers but after the snatching.  Highly recommend it.  Dh also loved this one!!!  I am not usually one for Sci-Fiction, but this was AWESOME!!!!!!
-If it's scrappy it makes me happy!

SBcrazee

Cherry Jubilee

I want to read the books before the movie is out. The trailer looks very interesting.
ImageImage

Kelly Pyron

Digital Designers

I am in LOVE with these books!  I started reading Twilight last week and have since read all of them!  I laughed, I cried, I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning.... these books are awesome! :)   I am staying up till midnight to go buy Breaking Dawn.  I am usually not a big romance reader and hate smutty stuff... but these are sweet and so romantic, but exciting too.  MY KIND OF BOOK!  I have been stalking www.stepheniemeyer.com and she has a new book in the works telling Twilight from Edwards point of view, it is called Midnight Sun.  She also has the first chapter available for free download.  Here is the link:  http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html
Kelly Shults
{My Digital Designs} {My Blog}

2Bizi

Cherry Bomb

lilkoala3 wrote: Eh...  I'll pass if there isn't any sex.   If I'm going to read something sans sex, I read classics so that when people quote one, I know what they're talking about, and I don't look like a total dolt. 

Yes well I used to try that too but now I've mastered the "hmmm" so well people don't even try to verify if I've actually read them.  :winkb:
2Bizi
Choices are never hard if we are not afraid of bringing change..

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee