Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

diannakris

Sweet Cherry Pie

My dd is driving my INSANE...help needed!
 Okay, seriously. My 6 y.o. dd is HOPEFULLY going through a stage, but she is acting TERRIBLY to me lately (mostly me, some my dh too). She appears to be such an angel to others and has always before been very good, very well-behaved, a bit shy, etc. Lately though she has such an attitude w/ me...talking back; talking in this terribly snotty voice; being defiant! I have tried many things...talking to her about her behavior when she is acting good; rewarding her for positive behavior; taking things away when she misbehaves or uses a "not nice" voice; timeouts; etc. Nothing seems to work! Does anyone have any advice for me? She is going into 1st grade this year, and like I said, she's only like this with me or my dh, no one else really. An angel at school, etc.
I totally fear what she will be like as an adolescent!
Dianna

Dianna

pjw

A Cherry on Top

Re: My dd is driving my INSANE...help needed!
 does she have any new little friends that may be a bad influence on her?  I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers as it's going to be a fun ride ..... and she's only 6!  LOL  Hang in there.

katarria

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Uh oh - sounds like me as a kid!  I got over it around age 20 or so.  Every once in awhile I still make a snide remark to my dad. 

Otherwise, I'm sweet as pie :)

Hopefully some of the other ladies here will have some suggestions for you!  As for me, what goes around comes around (I'm dreading having teenagers).
~Kathy
{hopelessly addicted}

Filling my basket with all of the new goodies :)

niknik

Cherry Blossom

I have an almost 6 (going on 16) year old, too and we are in the exact same boat. I started taking away some of the shows she was watching (Raven, Corey in the House, Suite Life etc.) where the kids act like that and it improved quite a bit. Back to JoJo and Little Einstens around here!! If this is what they are like at 6, I can't wait for 13!! Ugh!
~~Nicole~~

diannakris

Sweet Cherry Pie

It's funny...I don't even let her watch that stuff (she actually has no interest either!) She watches just the noggin stuff...Little Bill, Max and Ruby, Miss Spider. I don't even allow Sponge Bob!

Dianna

ArmyWife95

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Maybe she's just testing the water with you and dh.  Seeing what she can get away with.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee