We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

Flapdoodle

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Lurkers.........
 Fresh road kill baking in the afternoon sun?
ImageIf life gives you lemons, go find an annoying person with paper cuts.

ScrapGoo

Cherry Jubilee

Flap, that was just plain wrong!! LOL  Image

busymom_5

Cherry Blossom

the "chubby', hairy guy (you know the one....with hair sticking staight up off the shoulers) down the who NEVER wears a shirt when doing yard work?? 
Shari

Zallyzoo

Cherry Tart

I admit I lurk a bit. I feel intimated that I'm barging in on peoples conversations and I don't want to feel out of place. I've never found a place where people overly welcome you when they have tight knit cliques, not saying that ACOT is that way, it's more with my graphic communities. I do post every once in awhile, but I just don't want to feel like a bother. I'm hoping now that I'm finally getting back into scrapbooking that I'll be less of a lurker and more active in the communities.
Tracy
~*~Happiness is a big furball snuggled in your lap purring*~*

ScrapGoo

Cherry Jubilee

Tracy you definitely shouldn't worry about barging in around here... we all pretty much just barge in on each other constantly!  Seriously though, we were all new faces at some point.  I have done my share of "message board shopping" and I can't imagine finding a more welcoming and accepting board as this one here at ACOT.  We have the most fun on the interwebs!

Gypsymonkey

Bowl Full of Cherries

I had a new face...once.  Can't seem to remember what it looked like now.  JUMP ON IN!  The fun is bound to happen!
"May you always have memories to scrap!" ~ Diana

Flapdoodle

Chocolate Covered Cherry

YEAH!! What they said!!! :bluelol:

Zallyzoo

Cherry Tart

ScrapGoo I love the term "message board shopper". I'll try not to feel so out of place. I'd love to make some new friends via the internet and the boards. My friends don't scrap well, one of them is starting now that she has had a baby, but no one really understands my passion of scraping and photos. It would be nice to connect with people that enjoy it as much as I do.

I know we're all new at some point, I just always hated being the newbie in situations so I think it deters me from getting involved. I would love to get to know you guys though. I love your creations and layouts and I find the things you post and the things you talk about inspiring. It would be nice to be part of a group of such amazing women.
Tracy

ArmyWife95

Chocolate Covered Cherry

You Sus, chatty...never!!  :winkb:  LOL!!

I'm quite sure we have lurkers, but even I sometimes just read a post and don't respond.  I guess they feel intimidated by us, I know I did when I first came here.

chattyscrapper

Sweet Cherry Pie

Hi, I'm sorta a lurker. I don't post a lot, but I get the urge every once in a while...  I think the inspiration on the board and gallery is just great here... I spend more time lurking this site than any other..... :-D 

Janshotgun

Cherry Cola

Theresa, I see you live in Bay City!  I'm in Port Austin, but we travel to Bay City a few times a month so I can get my fix of scrapbook supplies.  We also go to Saginaw, so I can make the rounds to Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Joann's and Scrapbook Peddler.  There are no LSS up here and I don't know anyone else up here that scraps. 
I used to live in Sterling Height and my family lives around there, so I go down there to hit some of the LSS - I'm taking a class at Archiver's this coming week - my first one!
Jan - trying to find my way

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

DaisyLou

Sweet Cherry Pie

[quote="averys_mom"] Okay, I'll 'fess up!  I'm lurker-ish.  I don't post very often.  I joined the MB back during the March online crop and posted quite a bit then.  I post on another scrappy MB as well, so sometimes it's hard to keep up with more than one! And I do have a hard time just jumping in with a bunch of people who are already friends.  I don't like to push myself on people.  But since my girl Day is here, and posting so much, I will try to post more often, because I know she'll have my back!  I bought her goodies, so she'd better, LOL! :winkb:[/quote]

You know it honey!!!

ScrapGoo

Cherry Jubilee

Hi Theresa!  :)  Definitely post more!  This place IS pretty inspiring isn't it?? 

ZallyZoo I completely understand what you mean about not having friends in "real life" to scrap with.  I don't know ANYone in my area who does it but just last week I got to meet Katarria (Kathy) for the first time.   Where are you in NY?  My husband went to U. of Rochester... do you like the hot wings in the area as much as he does??  He has described some food item called a "garbage plate" that sounds..interesting... :?

MOM2SNOX

A Cherry on Top

LOL! I think I'll stick with the original warm fuzzies :) The hairy shirtless guy reminds me of a neighbor across the street! Ewwwww... hair on his back that looks like a rug!

And I'm loving the fact that lurkers are becoming posters!! I agree with everyone else.. just pop into a no-response needed thread (Birthdays, Anniversary,e tc.), post a comment and search for the next one.  Eventually you'll feel more comfortable! As a matter of fact, I'm sure someone here will seek YOU out when they notice where you're from or comment specifically about something you posted on a thread!

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

I just wanted to pop in and say HI! to our lurkers. Just jump right in-we love newcomers!!
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.

CamsMomma

Sweet Cherry Pie

lolol at the voyers in the group.  naughty girls :P

i lurked for some time before i started posting.  i think it takes a secod to get comfortable.  sometimes, there are forums who arent so welcoming so if youve dealt with that you might be wary. 
Image Image

Flapdoodle

Chocolate Covered Cherry

[quote="Janshotgun"] Theresa, I see you live in Bay City!  I'm in Port Austin, but we travel to Bay City a few times a month so I can get my fix of scrapbook supplies.  We also go to Saginaw, so I can make the rounds to Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Joann's and Scrapbook Peddler.  There are no LSS up here and I don't know anyone else up here that scraps. 
I used to live in Sterling Height and my family lives around there, so I go down there to hit some of the LSS - I'm taking a class at Archiver's this coming week - my first one!

[/quote]
And I was born and raised in Flint! (when it was still a good place to live)

I'm in NC now but my family are still there in Michigan.

Zallyzoo

Cherry Tart

ScrapGoo I live in Syracuse, about and hour and a half away from Rochester. I've never heard of a garbage plate, that one is new, however we do have very good wings. I'm not one for hot wings, but I do like other flavors.

Do you guys still reside in NY?
Tracy

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee