We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

Our Disney trip
Well, we started with a few bumps in the road-- on Thursaday but it got better from there. When we arrived at the Magic Kingdom on Friday we found out they were only open until 7pm and there would be no parade or fireworks--had to change up our 3 day plan. We were first in line at the gate and decided to head straight to Space Mountain before Kimberly had a chance to chicken out-- well we got there and she decided to jump right on--"I will sit in the front seat mom" -- so we let her. Remeber she has never been on any rides or to any theme parks. She didnt cry or scream, but wont sit in the front again. As we exited the ride we won special Disney ears-- only given to a few people as part of their "Year of a Million Dreams" giveaway. How awesome.
Then we went to fast pass the BUzz ride, but since there was no wait we decided to just ride it and save our fast pass fro something else-- good thing we did this, because as we were getting on the ride we won another prize-- they only give 300 of these each day-----------

A DREAM FAST PASS........ we had a fast pass for all of the rides in the park that took fast pass-- use it anytime, no need to get a fast pass for anything!!!!! It was totally awesome. We also got really lucky and hit all the lines right, our longest wait was 10 minutes for the Haunted Mansion. We rode every ride and saw every show, except The Hall Of Presidents and were out of the park at 6:30, just in time to get rained on walking back to our car.
Saturday we started at Animal Kingdom-- rode Everest right off the bat and loved It's Tough to be a Bug. Kimberly was not very impressed so we left there by 1:00 and went swimmning back at our hotel until it started pouring, then we showered and decided we were going to try and hit a little at Epcot and then back to the Magic Kingdom for the parade and fireworks, if the weather would hold out. while we were on the tram we were able to see a beautiful rainbow--actually a double rainbow. Kimberly wanted to know if it brought luck -- well it did. She got to be a co-pilot on the monorial, and while we were riding a wonderful couple handed us 3 fast passes to SOARIN' that they were'nt going to use. We had exactly 45 minutes left-- as we exited the monorail the monsoon came-- and I mean MONSOON!!!!! how were we going to make it to the ride. Well, I made dh buy ponchos-- but it was still windy and the rain was coming down sideways-- we were standing in the front going to wait it out when I realized there was no line for Spaceship Earth-- I figured maybe the rain would let up while we were in there-- idt did, but when we got off it was still raining and we had 6 minutes to get to Soarin' Man let me tell you-- we boogied over and made it with 1 minute to spare--
dh and Kimberly loved it-- not really sure why I was in such a hurry for a ride that makes me sick??????? I dont do simulators, but love coasters.
After eating, Nemo, amd talking to Crush we headed back to the Magic Kingdom to catch the parade and fireworks. The rain started again and everyone was running for cover so we got a great spot for both. All in all it was a Magical weekend---- but Kimmy is going to have a rude awakening next time she goes and actually has wait in a line. We saved our 3rd day for next month because yeasterdays weather looked awful. PIcs are in the gallery-- not sure hoe to post them here yet. http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery_vie ... 483,,77432

Beemerof3

Cherry Picker

Re: Our Disney trip
Sounds like you all had a great time, minus the weather.

zanettac

Cherry Jubilee

Bummer on the rain...but awesome of the ears and dream fast passes!! Sounds like a good time!!

Carol

scrappinchic

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Wow! Sounds like you had a great time! That special fast pass is too cool!
I'm not late
Everyone else is way too on time.
0/3 for February

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee