Does anyone here have a treadmill?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

bumblebby
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 5

Post by bumblebby »

Do you run on it or hang clothes on it? I am seriously considering buying a treadmill as it is starting to get cold here and the outdoors was my form of exercise. I do not want to put that kind of cash into a dust collector or clothes hanger.  Does anyone have one that they use faithfully? Any particular features you feel are must haves or completely useless?
Janet
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 515

Post by Janet »

I had one and used it quite a bit until I hurt my back really bad.  Then I just never got into the momentum of using it after than.  BUT..I never hung clothes on it!  I just let it take up space!  I ended up selling it!
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 439

Post by -Tracy- »

I used to own a clothes hanger...um I mean a treadmill. We donated it when we moved.
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.
bumblebby
Cherry Garcia

Post by bumblebby »

Did you hurt your back on the treadmill? I hope not!hhmmm, maybe I should look into a used one in case I don't use it much.
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 1270

Post by Laura Fiore »

We have a Tread climber Rhonda...instead of a treadmill. Makes dh think he is conquering hills, and he gets all manly after he works out!I was going to say, just add a layer and keep heading outdoors...it's what I do, but then, I live where it never gets below 25 degrees, so that may not work for you.Even exercise videos can be pretty fun...go to collagevideo.com if you're interested...they have a ton of choices!
davsar
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 631

Post by davsar »

I'm on the same quest for a treadmill.  My parents owned one that I used in high school and every time I came home from school - so I know I'll use it.  In fact I really want one now because it seems impossible for me to get out and run with the boys.  I've tried jogging during the day with the baby while my oldest is at preschool, but the baby hates it.  I don't feel safe jogging alone and I don't have anyone willing to jog during the hours I am available to jog (early morning or late night) and it is getting cold outside.  So I really want a treadmill.
-Shannon-
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 148

Post by -Shannon- »

I don't have a treadmill but I have a Gazelle www.tonylittle.com/detail.aspx. I actually use it...and not as a clothes hanger. I like it because its cardio and works my upper and lower body.
- Shannon

I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
-Lucille Ball

MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

Post by MOM2SNOX »

Statistics have proven... 85% of athletic equipment purchased for home use DON'T get used for exercising!With that being said... why bother PURCHASING it when it may not get used all that much.  Check your freecycle.org or craigslist for FREEBIES!  Currently, I have one treadmill and two stair climbers I found on both websites in the last 6 months!
MamaK321
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1010

Post by MamaK321 »

hahahahahaha my mom's was a great clothes rack!!
SBcrazee
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 28

Post by SBcrazee »

I have a Proform & while I don't use it as much as I really should, I do use it quite a bit more now that I've given up my gym membership.I think the important thing with treadmills is to test them out at the highest speed you will use it at & make sure it feels solid to you. My dh uses the treadmill too but he prefers to run outdoors. With two little kids it's easier for me to exercise at home. 
ImageImage
koala1966
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 2526

Post by koala1966 »

Put it in front of the TV and you're golden.
scrapn4me
Cherry Tart

Post by scrapn4me »

I had one but got tired of looking at it in my garage so I sold it at the garage sale this past weekend.  :-)  But I do love my Total Gym!  Scrapn4me
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

Post by MOM2SNOX »

That's the ticket Tania! Both of my exercise machines are stationed in front of the TV.  Treadmill downstairs for when I watch CCN while I run and HNN (muted) upstairs on the stairclimber because I listen to energetic techno music while I read the headlines! LOL!
pjw
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 376

Post by pjw »

We have one and I use it at least 4 days a week, most weeks anyway!  I read all my mags while "walking"
-Mo-
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 18

Post by -Mo- »

We have one.  I use it at least 4-5 mornings a week to walk and walk on it when I don't go to the gym to lift weight and cardio in the afternoons.  Dh uses it too. 
Michelle (formerly bigsissy73)
There's a special place in the world for all us alpha addicts!
bumblebby
Cherry Garcia

Post by bumblebby »

I am part of freecycle in my area and have never seen one on there but maybe I'll do a wanted post. I'll check out Craigslist too.Oh, I could put it in the basement in front of the tv no problem.
-Shannon-
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 148

Post by -Shannon- »

Having it in front of the tv definitely helps! Especially if you find a show you want to watch every day. Thats the only way I've been able to get myself to use it.
- Shannon

I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
-Lucille Ball

loralye78
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 17

Post by loralye78 »

FUNNNY!!!   Everyone I know uses it to hang clothes on...LOL
FairyMouseMom
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 943

Post by FairyMouseMom »

I used to use it a lot when we got it.  Now my DH is trying to get back into the swing of using it.  (Seriously, NEVER hung clothes on it!)  Me, I just do my videos...and use my weights.
wimom
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 696

Post by wimom »

I walk on my treadmill several times a week, and my husband does the same. I do not like to run on it, though. The key for me is that it is in front of a TV with a VCR. I tape a variety of shows and movies so that I ALWAYS have something on hand that I would like to watch while walking. My husband added a DVD player and on weekends will go to the video store and rent a movie to watch while walking. It is AMAZING how much quicker the walk seems if you are watching something entertaining. I still remember watching "Air Force One" with Harrison Ford and not looking at the timer until I had been walking for over an hour!Do a little searching on the internet and you can find some tips for selecting the right machine. For example, I needed a sturdier machine with a longer belt because my husband, who is big and tall, would be using it. If it was just me using it, I could have gotten something smaller (and cheaper) because I am smaller and only walk on it. Also, I got mine at Sears because they would deliver, set up and come to fix it if anything went wrong -- other places would not deliver or install. Sears also offered a service plan. My first machine did need several repairs. I am now on machine No. 2, and so far it is golden!I say go for it -- this is an investment in your health!  
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin

Return to “General Talk”