Get a free ephemera pack with your $19 purchase with code FREEBIE
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products, no promo code needed!

TurtlePond

Cherry Tart

I Hate Hate Hate Being a Nag
When toys are left unattended outside of our playroom, they get bagged for 30 days.Don't say anything to them--just pack it up and when they ask where something is, ask them where they last had it.You could hold some gifts back for birthdays and not have a cavalcade at Christmas.Maybe your kids do not care if decorations go up--so your threat to not have any if they don't do something they are told is not of any consequence to them.  Actions speak much louder than words.How old are your kids? If they are above 8, they should be able to follow simple directions and do reasonable tasks.

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

Unless they are toddlers - hold the ground! 

If they are very young, say 7 or under, they may not 'get' the concept of clean up this room.   YOu have to be specific:   Go in there and pick up the toys that are on the floor and put them (give them a specific spot)    You have X minutes to do this.   The tv may not be on while you do this. 

WHen they get done, do something fun or relaxing.   Then on to the next thing.   Ok, kids, time to go get the toys that belong to you and pu them (Spot)

As for the grandparents;   Tell them that they may buy ONE toy thing, and other than that, the kids need this or that for clothes.   Or that they can put the money in a savings account that they control to be put toward a major thing (like school!) in the future.    

Hope this helps.

nun69

Cherry Jubilee

my DD that is 14 I am constantly getting on...depends on her mood, but at least it is all in HER room and not everywhere else...DS {6} I have to be very specific about telling him what to clean up in his room...PJ back in your drawer, games back together and under his DVD player, toys back in the toybox, hang your jacket and backpack on your door, etc etc...sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't ...he once spent a week in his room because he didn't want to clean and he finally did..he was allowed to eat, take a bath and do his homework and then he was back to his room with his PJ's, he finally cleaned his room on his own and then came out to tell us so he was allowed to have his games back and watch movies in his room...even Abby will help put her toysback in her room...but I just have show her where they go...but STICK your ground, it will work....I've got 4 kids and I sometimes struggle on a daily basis!
Image~Angie~

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee