Summer SWAP Sign ups OPEN

Moderator: ACOT Employee

1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 800

Summer SWAP Sign ups OPEN

Post by 1scrappymom »

Hey all...after looking at the poll...it looks like summer and color were tied for most preferred swap...so let's combine the two.  Here's how the SWAP works...

For every person that signs up (we'll close the SWAP at TEN people), create a baggie full of summer themed embellishments.  These can include buttons, flowers, die cuts, words, chipboard, wood veneers, ribbons, etc.  Just make sure to make each baggie equal in size/value.  These do not have to be new items, but should be something you would want to receive yourself (No Dumping!).  Put ALL the baggies in an large envelope and include another self-addressed, stamped envelope (with enough postage to mail it back to you) and send it to me (I will provide my address via PM to all members).  When I receive all the SWAP items, I will switch them out with all the other baggies and send them back so each person gets 10 different baggies of items in return.  I will leave sign ups open until 4/25 with the hopes of getting all baggies returned by mid-May.

Sign up here and feel free to post any questions or PM me...whichever you feel comfortable with.  If there are items you would NOT like to receive, please mention that with your sign up.  

OK, to answer some of the questions...
How many items need to be in each baggie?  
Why don't we just say there should be 5 items in each baggie.  (Those items can include die cuts, project life cards, ribbon, washi, buttons, flowers, chipboard, stickers...  To further clarify...if you are sending small items, like buttons, a few buttons would be counted as ONE item.
How do we know how much shipping will be?  If we all want to agree to get a flat rate box, I am good with that...if you want to put your items in a large envelope, I am also good with that.  I have to mail them all back out and I don't mind paying a little if there are not enough stamps included, but I don't want to get stuck with large shipping costs.  If we decide on the flat rate boxes, I can pick up the boxes from the USPS, just include the money or stamps to return the box.  

Those I have signed up:
blbabe1234
debamas
ratgirl
shutterbug (?)

Last edited by 1scrappymom on Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3708

Re: Summer SWAP Sign ups OPEN

Post by blbabe1234 »

Sounds awesome! I'm IN! ImageImageImage
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

Add me!
Debbie

debamas
Wild Cherry

Post by debamas »

Trying to get this correct. 10 baggies in an envelop, then we get 10 baggies in return via our self stamped envelop?
Debbie

debamas
Wild Cherry

Post by debamas »

uhh, do we need to go btt with this? Who's in?
Debbie

ratgirl
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 87

Post by ratgirl »

I didn't see anything about it in the feed doohickey so I didn't know if it was happenning...I'm guessing that's where a lot of people disappeared to! I don't think this post showed up on the main feed either, but maybe I just missed it. I'm just glad I was able to find it! I'd love to be included. :) Thanks!
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 592

Post by Shutterbug »

This is the first time I have seen this.  Does each baggie have to be the exact same?  Is there a minimum number of embellishments per bag?
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
debamas
Wild Cherry

Post by debamas »

Shutterbug wrote:This is the first time I have seen this.  Does each baggie have to be the exact same?  Is there a minimum number of embellishments per bag?

Personally, I didn't have 10 exact same items but did try to keep them as equal as possible. I do have a question about number though so we are fair with one another. Also, I don't feel my baggies are full but I can't fit them into the envelop well.It maybe the bulkiness of my lil bottles of washi.   Maybe get some answers soon.
Debbie

SherrieLynne
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 552

Post by SherrieLynne »

This is the first time I have seen this too. Have 10 already signed up? I'm still trying to figure out how this is going to work. So we send 10 baggies with 10 items in each baggie??? And for the pre-postage envelope how are we supposed to know how heavy it will be?
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict

Post by Shutterbug »

SherrieLynne wrote:This is the first time I have seen this too. Have 10 already signed up? I'm still trying to figure out how this is going to work. So we send 10 baggies with 10 items in each baggie??? And for the pre-postage envelope how are we supposed to know how heavy it will be?
Wonder if the flat rate small box would be the best.    it measures  5-3/8" x 8-5/8" x 1-5/8"  Maybe not. it costs about $6.80.

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/usp ... _SMALL_FRB

Kimber
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict

Post by Shutterbug »

I am interested  but, want to know what kind of embellishments?  Anything summer?  like buttons, brads, veneers? I am drawing a blank. Image
Kimber
karensay
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 240

Post by karensay »

First time I have seen this thread too.

I don't need 10 summer baggies, so, I will pass.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict

Post by Shutterbug »

I would love to hear some ideas of what people are putting in. Still thinking about joining if there is room.
Kimber
1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia

Post by 1scrappymom »

debamas wrote:Trying to get this correct. 10 baggies in an envelop, then we get 10 baggies in return via our self stamped envelop?
yes
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia

Post by 1scrappymom »

Shutterbug wrote:
SherrieLynne wrote:This is the first time I have seen this too. Have 10 already signed up? I'm still trying to figure out how this is going to work. So we send 10 baggies with 10 items in each baggie??? And for the pre-postage envelope how are we supposed to know how heavy it will be?
Wonder if the flat rate small box would be the best.    it measures  5-3/8" x 8-5/8" x 1-5/8"  Maybe not. it costs about $6.80.

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/usp ... _SMALL_FRB

You could do that, or sometimes a large envelope works depending on how "chunky" the embellishments get.
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia

Post by 1scrappymom »

Shutterbug wrote:I would love to hear some ideas of what people are putting in. Still thinking about joining if there is room.
Some ideas are - stickers, project life cards, flowers, quotes, die cuts, chipboard, 6x6 paper...

If we want, we could come up with a list of do's and don't's as far as the box.  The flatter the contents, the cheaper the shipping.  
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia

Post by 1scrappymom »

I'm sorry guys, for some reason this isn't showing up on the feeds so I think it is getting lost in the shuffle.  I've tried to go back and answer any questions  people may have,  I'll update the first post to hopefully make things more clear and list those I "think" are participating. 
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
SherrieLynne
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 552

Post by SherrieLynne »

I am going to pass. 
ratgirl
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 87

Post by ratgirl »

Any word? We could just go with a smaller group. :)
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict

Post by Shutterbug »

I too have to pass. I am going to be having surgery next week and trying to get things done I have not time.   Maybe next time.
Kimber

Return to “Swap Talk”