Tips & Tricks: Scraproom Edition

Weekly Tips from our Creative Team

Moderator: ACOT Employee

SarahA
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 358

Tips & Tricks: Scraproom Edition

Post by SarahA »

I have a few scraproom ideas for you today. I always think it's interesting to see what other people do for storage and organization in their scraprooms, so I thought I'd share a few of my ideas.
First, is this frame I put together. I got two of them a few months ago and had a few ideas for it before I finally ended up with this:

I painted the frame and chicken wire with spray paint, then staple-gunned it on the back. I used paper and Mod Podge to cover little clothes pins and now I have a sort of inspiration board where I can hang ideas, new products so they're easily seen and other random bits of goodness. Details of how I made it are on my blog, plus one I made into a chalkboard for Quinn.

Another item in my room is this old wooden pop crate. You can find these at antique stores or flea markets, or if you're lucky like me, in your MIL's basement. :) This one has dividers and is perfect for holding my punches and mists. It just sits right out on top of my work area all of the time, so everything is easy to see and within reach.

Other organizational ideas I use are a Clip-It-Up (which I just got over the weekend and have to say that it's really quite genius), and an old library card catalog for holding just about everything else but my paper. I'll have to share a picture of that later- we're in the middle of a move & it's at the other house. If you can find one of those, though, I'm telling you to grab it! They are absolutely an organizational dream for scrapbooking!

Do you have any fun or functional scraproom ideas to share?
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1748

Re: Tips & Tricks: Scraproom Edition

Post by beachlover »

oh, I love that frame! definitely want to do something like that! I am using a basket to keep a bunch of little things like that in right now and I think that is why I don't bother putting them on my LO's - the time to dig through that basket - it irritates me the lack of space I have!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

bluejeans7
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 571

Post by bluejeans7 »

Awesome ideas!!
Sandi770
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 66

Post by Sandi770 »

Here's something I made to organize papers...... It's done with Jenni Bowlin paper/stickers.....

ChrissyTina
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 221

Post by ChrissyTina »

I have 3 of those old soda crates. 2 of them are REALLY cool because they are antique Pepsi and Coke crates from Japan so they have the japanese writing on them. The other one is more like a carrying caddy and it's a Crush one. I love them! As for the Clip it up, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It was a bit expensive, but it's a good buy.
Chrissy

LyndaKay
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 40

Post by LyndaKay »

Thanks all who put their pics in! Love seeing them. Such great ideas.

Lynda
RitaS
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 299

Post by RitaS »

Spray painting chicken wire - ingenius! I love that idea, although no place to hang it in my area. Just have not mastered the thought of drilling into concrete walls to put screws or whatever, to hang things up. Finding an old library card file has been on my dream list to find for a long time...no doubt hey disappear fast when libraries switch over.
Rita S

Life is about second chances. There would be no hope if God didn't give us another.

Chan138
Cherry Blossom

Post by Chan138 »

Love all the great ideas! I'm pretty sure I have on of those pop crates in the shed.. hm..
fong33
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 204

Post by fong33 »

I love those ideas!
immom2anc
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 264

Post by immom2anc »

I posted this a while back, but the metal cabinet was a goodwill find for $2.50, I just took the doors off and spray painted it this beautiful blue. And my step-dad made me the paper dividers that just happened to fit right inside the shelves. My papers are sorted by color & size. And the top shelf holds all my painting supplies in a clearance basket from target.
**Kristen**
My photography: http://www.kristencarterphotography.com
Image Image ImageImage Image
averys_mom
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 293

Post by averys_mom »

I found this neat scissors storage idea yesterday while blog surfing! http://www.alwaysexpectmoore.com/2010/0 ... orage.html
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 1270

Post by Laura Fiore »

OMGosh Sarah...if I didn't love you, I might hate you for the punch/mist crate! That is SO FABULOUS!!!! My mists sit on the top of my Target cubes and I can never grab one without knocking over a few...I wish my bowling aim was that good :winkb:

Sadly, I have no organization skills...mine moved away to AZ (immom2anc!) and my room is a shambles again! When my boy moves back to college this week, I plan on hitting that room hard and gathering stuff for a garage sale!
Grandma Flowers
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 5

Post by Grandma Flowers »

Great ideas!
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---
lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 785

Post by lilkoala3 »

LOVE IT. OMG. LOVE IT.
Leslie
Cimorosete
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 233

Post by Cimorosete »

Wow girls these are absolutely fabulous!!

Keep 'em coming :-D
((¸¸.·´*~Treasa·´*¨¨))
May LOs-
My Blog

ImageImageImageImage
Alissa103
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 33

Post by Alissa103 »

Wow, love these ideas!

Now I want to make a chicken wire frame - so cool!
sherry
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1

Post by sherry »

love the frame!
GeriNY
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 15

Post by GeriNY »

I love the frame. I have a very narrow desk and would like to use the wall above my desk to store or place products I am using or use most often. This might be the perfect idea. Does anyone else have any suggestions for wall storage of pens, scissors, adhesives ect.

Geralyn
Geralyn
Life is good, and even better when the SUN is shining! :)
1momma
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 9

Post by 1momma »

LOVE that frame. Thanks for the ideas.
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

Post by MOM2SNOX »

Totally awesome items! And I LOVE the old milk crate! Off to find one at Goodwill!
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!

Return to “Scrapbooking Tips”