Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Kelly R.

Cherry Picker

Who is your Favorite Genre/Author
I love to read.   I have a Kindle with Kindle Unlimited and read around 200 books a year.  I like romantic suspense and who done it.  I have several authors that I follow.  Currently,  it's Jennifer  Cruisie  and Stephanje Bond.  I like her monthly  6 book series. 

So, who is your favorite genre/author?
:) Kelly 

VALERIE 03/22

Cherry Bomb

Re: Who is your Favorite Genre/Author
I CAN'T REMEMBER THE AUTHORS NAME BUT I LOVE TO READ CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL BOOKS................. I ALSO LIKE DANIEL MCLURE.......................... AUTHOR OF 6 MONTHS TO LIVE SERIES..................... VALERIE

Kelly R.

Cherry Picker

Hi Valerie!  

I have read a few Chicken Soup for the Soul  books.  I'm not familiar with Daniel McClure.  I'll have to look him up.  Always interested in finding new series to read.

LoreenC

Cherry Garcia

I got a collection of Tony Hillerman books from my Grandma . (Genre , mystery/crime in the Navajo Nation). Ann Rule, True Crime, and my favorite-of all , Betty MacDonald, genre humor , books , The Egg & I, Onions in the Stew , many more.
ImageImageImageImageImage

beachlover

Cherry Addict

Hi Kelly!  Great question...  I used to read a lot, esp in the summer.  I'd sit outside, read and get some sun.  I would go through about 5 books a week!  But then my kids got me a Choc. Lab who was a digger and I had no time to focus on reading  :greenwaiting:  She passed in February.  Got a new Lab in April, and this one  is a big sissy.  She is a pain to take out, afraid of noises and does not bark!  I was hoping to put her on the lead and spend time outside, maybe read, but as soon as she pottied, its back inside.  The heat we had for weeks does not help at all!

My all-time favorite author is James Patterson.  I love the drama and the bit of romance often added.  Lisa Jackson, Lisa Gardner and Patricia Cornwell (Kay Scarpetta series) are also very  good to me!!!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Nana01

Sweet Cherry Pie

I love to read! I have a book in my purse all the time. There are too many authors to list as my favorite. I visit my local library a lot but I also love book stores. When I am done reading the books I buy, I drive around to various Little Free Library boxes and drop them off. I bring my grandson so he can pick a kids book from the library boxes. It’s fun to see the various creative boxes that people build to house these free books.
Just call me Nan - it's short and sweet  

ImageImage

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

I LOVE to read... At the moment, my favorite genres are true crime, historical mysteries and biography/autobiography. 

There's a great series out by Jefferson Bass (it's actually 2 men that combined their names to write - one of them, Dr. William Bass is actually the forensic anthropologist that started the first body farm here in the United States at the University of Tennessee!)  The books are somewhat based on some cases he has worked.  I've also been gathering the Margaret Truman series Murder in _________ - where they are all based in Washington, D.C.

I'm currently reading Chase Darkness with Me by Billy Jensen.  The tag line on that one says How One True-Crime Writer Started Solving Murders.  It's a page turner and true - so far it's been really good!
Rebecca

Helen W.

Cherry Picker

I recently read 'I hope this finds you well' by Natalie Sue. I can't recommend it enough and have bought a few copies as gifts.
ImageImageImageImageImage

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

like pretty much else in my life, i'm fairly eclectic with my reading.  i would say that my favorite genre is probably mysteries, which for me includes true crime as well as fiction.  my favorite author in this genre is Dick Francis, although there's tons more i enjoy like Jonathon Kellerman (Alex Delaware books), Michael Connelly (Harry Bosch books; the tv show Bosch is somewhat based on these), Patricia Cornwell (Scarpetta, already mentioned), JA Jance (both her JP Beaumont and Joanna Brady series) and many more i can't remember.  i also like fluffy mysteries like the Aunt Dimity series by Nancy Atherton.

my other favorite author is Maeve Binchy.  not sure what these would be classified as, but i crazy love her books.  they're all set in Ireland, usually in the recent past like the 60s, and i can't say enough good things about them!  if you remember the movie Circle of Friends, it's based on one of her books.

and every once in awhile i feel like pulling out an oldy but goody--the Clan of the Cave Bear series by Jean M. Auel.  sometimes i read the series in order, sometimes i just choose my favorites from the series.
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  ImageImage

VALERIE 03/22

Cherry Bomb

Kelly_R wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:02 pm
Hi Valerie!  

I have read a few Chicken Soup for the Soul  books.  I'm not familiar with Daniel McClure.  I'll have to look him up.  Always interested in finding new series to read.

DANIEL MCLURE IS A FEMALE WRITER............ SORRY I HAD THE NAME WRONG IT'S LURLENE MCDANIEL AND ONE OF HER BOOKS IS CALLED "PLEASE DON'T DIE"................. SOME OF THE BOOKS I'VE CRIED OVER CUZ THEY ARE ABOUT KIDS WITH LEUKEMIA.............. VALERIE

lisn2cats

Sweet Cherry Pie

I'm like Stacy - pretty eclectic with my reading. As an only child and the daughter of a scholar/bookworm, I grew up reading a lot! My first love (genre) will always be mystery & suspense, followed by horror & ghost stories, sci-fi, and true crime. But I also enjoy the how & why books - how do societies form? how do people think? how did we come up with some of the weird laws we have? Depending on the who, I also love to read biographies and autobiographies. Right now, I just started The Fervor by Alma Katsu.
Image  ImageImageImage

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I use to be a crazy reader, not so much any more.  But I do love a good audio book, especially when I am out walking.  
I do enjoy Kristen Hannah's book.  They really are all about families and their dynamics and are usually set in the PNW.  
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

Kelly R.

Cherry Picker

beachlover wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2024 3:08 am
Hi Kelly!  Great question...  I used to read a lot, esp in the summer.  I'd sit outside, read and get some sun.  I would go through about 5 books a week!  But then my kids got me a Choc. Lab who was a digger and I had no time to focus on reading  :greenwaiting:  She passed in February.  Got a new Lab in April, and this one  is a big sissy.  She is a pain to take out, afraid of noises and does not bark!  I was hoping to put her on the lead and spend time outside, maybe read, but as soon as she pottied, its back inside.  The heat we had for weeks does not help at all!

My all-time favorite author is James Patterson.  I love the drama and the bit of romance often added.  Lisa Jackson, Lisa Gardner and Patricia Cornwell (Kay Scarpetta series) are also very  good to me!!!

I am so sorry to hear about your Labs.  Maybe you can snuggle together on the couch and read together.  I miss my chihuahua.  She would always sit in my lap when I was rewding. 

I have read a few of Lisa Jackson's books.  I like Julie Garwood.  I've  read all of her Buchanan series except the last one.  I was so sad when she died.   I also like Sue Grafton.  Her Kinsey Milhine alphabet series was so good.  It's  sad she didn't make it to write Z.

Kelly R.

Cherry Picker

Monroe1218 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2024 6:44 am
I LOVE to read... At the moment, my favorite genres are true crime, historical mysteries and biography/autobiography. 

There's a great series out by Jefferson Bass (it's actually 2 men that combined their names to write - one of them, Dr. William Bass is actually the forensic anthropologist that started the first body farm here in the United States at the University of Tennessee!)  The books are somewhat based on some cases he has worked.  I've also been gathering the Margaret Truman series Murder in _________ - where they are all based in Washington, D.C.

I'm currently reading Chase Darkness with Me by Billy Jensen.  The tag line on that one says How One True-Crime Writer Started Solving Murders.  It's a page turner and true - so far it's been really good!
The Body Farm is so interesting.   I loved the series Bones.  I'm  definitely  going to look them up.  

Kelly R.

Cherry Picker

savvy4 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2024 7:22 am
I recently read 'I hope this finds you well' by Natalie Sue. I can't recommend it enough and have bought a few copies as gifts.

I'm  not familiar with that author.  I will look her up.

Kelly R.

Cherry Picker

stinkerbelle wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2024 8:40 am
like pretty much else in my life, i'm fairly eclectic with my reading.  i would say that my favorite genre is probably mysteries, which for me includes true crime as well as fiction.  my favorite author in this genre is Dick Francis, although there's tons more i enjoy like Jonathon Kellerman (Alex Delaware books), Michael Connelly (Harry Bosch books; the tv show Bosch is somewhat based on these), Patricia Cornwell (Scarpetta, already mentioned), JA Jance (both her JP Beaumont and Joanna Brady series) and many more i can't remember.  i also like fluffy mysteries like the Aunt Dimity series by Nancy Atherton.

my other favorite author is Maeve Binchy.  not sure what these would be classified as, but i crazy love her books.  they're all set in Ireland, usually in the recent past like the 60s, and i can't say enough good things about them!  if you remember the movie Circle of Friends, it's based on one of her books.

and every once in awhile i feel like pulling out an oldy but goody--the Clan of the Cave Bear series by Jean M. Auel.  sometimes i read the series in order, sometimes i just choose my favorites from the series.
I've  read Shattered by Dick Francis twice.  I really liked it.  

I used to go to the library all the time to get books that are not on Kindle Unlimited, but I haven't  gone in awhile.  I need the large print books and they don't carry a lot of them.

Kelly R.

Cherry Picker

Does any read the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich?  I made it to 26, but I stopped.  I really enjoy her books, but they started getting a little too ridiculous.   I should try and read them again.  

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

Kelly_R wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2024 11:14 am
Does any read the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich?  I made it to 26, but I stopped.  I really enjoy her books, but they started getting a little too ridiculous.   I should try and read them again.  

yes i've read quite a few of them.  not sure where i stopped.  but my brother has the entire series so i can catch up whenever i need to  😊
*Stacy*  

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

Kelly_R wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2024 11:10 am
stinkerbelle wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2024 8:40 am

I've  read Shattered by Dick Francis twice.  I really liked it.  

I used to go to the library all the time to get books that are not on Kindle Unlimited, but I haven't  gone in awhile.  I need the large print books and they don't carry a lot of them.

shattered is one of my favorites!
*Stacy*  

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Right now I'm still reading biographies. I decided during COVID 2019 to start reading first ladies biographies thru in order. (I was shocked to find some without any books on their lives, so I filled in with a book that had short stories of all the first ladies . I didn't read the short ones if I had a book with a longer fuller version.) I have about the last third to read.

As for authors and genre, Stephen King and horror books would be my answer. I also like true crime stories.

Return to “Book Nook”

Information

Moderators

scrapperqueen