The Help

A place to talk about books! [Public]

Moderator: scrapperqueen

MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

The Help

Post by MOM2SNOX »

Image Just started it! Quite interesting and everyone so far who HAS read it... has given excellent reviews!
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!
croppinmama
Cherry Cola
Gallery: -2

Re: The Help

Post by croppinmama »

I still haven't read this yet. It was supposed to be read for my book club but I didn't get around to reading it. I then had to return it to the library and now there is a ton of holds on it. Everyone says it's a great book. I guess I will buy the book on my summer vacation.
Sweyo
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 44

Post by Sweyo »

It was a great book. I could hardly put it down. Everyone needs to read it!
Stephanie http://www.quiltedscrapper.blogspot.com/
Independent Close to My Heart Consultant
Jenn Kellams
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 402

Post by Jenn Kellams »

I read this book while on vacation! It is superb! I finished it in 4 days; I just couldn't put it down! Really an eye opening read. You may think you know, but you just don't really when it comes to the topics discussed in this book. READ IT TODAY!! The movie comes out in a month!
Jennifer K.
Personal Blog
lizziej
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 81

Post by lizziej »

I heard about this book from a friend of mine on FB a few weeks ago. She said "I guess it must be good, since there are 27 holds on it at the library." I bought it at B&N online yesterday when they had their NY Times Bestsellers on sale for half price. My boss read it and said it is wonderful!
Liz - HOOK 'EM HORNS!!
The only good addict is an alpha addict!
WendyBirdDesigns
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 27

Post by WendyBirdDesigns »

This is one of my faves! I've read it twice and just bought a copy for my mom last weekend. (she can't have mine LOL)
ImageImageImage
SarahA
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 358

Post by SarahA »

I got this on my Kindle last week, but haven't started it yet. I should really do that tonight!
bluejeans7
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 571

Post by bluejeans7 »

I ordered it from amazon, waiting for it to get here.
harper828
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 16

Post by harper828 »

I read it and loved it. I bought it on my Nook. I wish it was a lendme book so I could pass it around. I've heard the movie is just as great.
Live, Love and Create
scrapperqueen
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 140

Post by scrapperqueen »

A truly excellent book. I read it last year--before there was news of a movie being made. I've really glad I read it first. They did a wonderful job with the movie, but there is so much more depth in the book. I recommend this book to everyone!
cort
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 92

Post by cort »

I too loved the book. I went with a friend to see the movie..and we both feel that they kept it pretty true to the book....OMG the part with the toilets is too funny when you see it on the screen.
ImageImage
TraciL
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 238

Post by TraciL »

my friend saw the movie and then bought the book and stayed up all night reading it - I guess it's very good

I still haven't purchased it - hoping to get a gift card from B&N for Christmas so I can get it on my nook. I have over 120 on there now and need to get reading. I subscribe to cheap e reads on facebook and now I"m always downloading.
anitawill1
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 285

Post by anitawill1 »

I am a very avid reader and I just couldn't get into this book. I found it really slowwwwww and I wasn't thrilled with her style of writing.
1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

I read this book over the summer and found it perfect for a slow, humid day. This book is not a fast mover, but more of a descriptive narrative. Not a lot of action at all. But I found it very interesting to see how used to view other races. And how some of that holds over to today. But not just white toward black, but black towards white. Whoever has prejudice is crippled by it. It is an ugly emotion. But the truth of it is is that we all have some prejudice about something. And we must stive to overcome it; to be lovers and acceping of all others.
Bibi
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 948

Post by suewho372 »

It is really good. The movie does a good job with it as well. I hope you like it!
Susan

Return to “Book Nook”