The Girl Who.... series

A place to talk about books! [Public]

Moderator: scrapperqueen

MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

The Girl Who.... series

Post by MOM2SNOX »

Has anyone read them?? I noticed there was a 3rd one out and now I'm curious...!

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played With Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!
bluejeans7
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 571

Re: The Girl Who.... series

Post by bluejeans7 »

I got the first one but I haven't read it yet. So many books, so little time. LOL!
Dianedi
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 491

Post by Dianedi »

I'm waiting for them to come into the library. The series is so popular that I've been on a waitlist for awhile. Everyone I've talked to has loved the books!
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top

Post by MOM2SNOX »

bluejeans7 wrote:I got the first one but I haven't read it yet. So many books, so little time. LOL!

LOL! I hear ya! Especially when the weather's great :) I leave my serious reading to those wet, grey and cold winter days!
sevinson
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 1

Post by sevinson »

Awesome series... you should definitely read them. Very addicting you won't take very long to read them. They've also made movies based on the books. The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo is the only one released in the US as of now but the others are coming. In Swedish but amazing and definitely worth watching with English or subtitles on.
SarahA
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 358

Post by SarahA »

I'll have to check these out. I saw them at the airport a few weeks ago and forgot about them- I'm glad I popped in here to remind me! :)
SarahA
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by SarahA »

OMGosh- these books are SO good! I've been listening to them on audio books in my car and have found that I'll sit in the driveway an extra 5 minutes after I get home to keep listening. The first one seems to start a bit slowly, but once it picks up you will be hooked!
Jenn Kellams
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 402

Post by Jenn Kellams »

The Girl With a Dragon Tatoo is also a movie and it is FANTASTIC!!! It is a foreign film, but incredible nonetheless! You ladies should watch it.
Jennifer K.
Personal Blog
croppinmama
Cherry Cola
Gallery: -2

Post by croppinmama »

Thanks for the tips everyone, I went online to request it from my library. There are 8 holds on at least 2 of them. I checked other libraries in surrounding towns, same thing. It must be a good series. Maybe by the time I can check them out it will be cold and snowing. I can sit by the fireplace and read.
JeanG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 5

Post by JeanG »

These books are all great - and it's wonderful you can get all 3 right now and not have to wait for the next one, as I did. The third one is even out in paperback now!! It's too bad he died - I'd have been a faithful fan of anything he wrote!!
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.
SarahA
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by SarahA »

JeanG wrote:These books are all great - and it's wonderful you can get all 3 right now and not have to wait for the next one, as I did. The third one is even out in paperback now!! It's too bad he died - I'd have been a faithful fan of anything he wrote!!
I know- he was an excellent author! I read that he actually had an outline for 10 books in this series and that the 4th one was half finished and his girlfriend has it on a laptop, but won't turn it over to his estate so she can be sure it's done as he would have wanted it to be. I think his life could be an interesting novel, too!
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top

Post by MOM2SNOX »

I still haven't picked these up yet but I noticed the second book has been released on video now!
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top

Post by MOM2SNOX »

Just finished watching the last movie in this series and while none compared to the first movie, this turned out to be a great trilogy! I only got as far as reading the first book but they did a pretty good job with the movie!
harper828
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 16

Post by harper828 »

I've read the first one..it did take a few pages for it to get interesting..but then I got so hooked!

I'm looking forward to reading the next two.
Live, Love and Create
Sweyo
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 44

Post by Sweyo »

This was a fabulous series. Have not decided if I want to watch the movies though as usually they don't do the book justice and the books have some graphic scenes that I would not want to watch, but definetely would not make the story the same!
Stephanie http://www.quiltedscrapper.blogspot.com/
Independent Close to My Heart Consultant
TraciL
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 238

Post by TraciL »

excellent question I've been wondering about the series too because I see it EVERYWHERE -

thanks for all the info everyone - I think I'm going to have to put it on my to read list - which keeps getting longer and longer and longer.
sakura-panda
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 48

Post by sakura-panda »

I listened to the audio book since I wasn't sure if I wanted to read it and I ended up loving the entire series! It took me a few tries to start it, but once I got past the first disc, I was hooked and had the same problem as SarahA where I'd get to where I was going and would sit in the car for awhile so I could keep listening to it.
~ Katie ~

Return to “Book Nook”