We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

scrapperqueen

Bowl Full of Cherries

Outlander Series - Diana Gabaldon
Has anybody read this series? A friend recommended it and I've started the first book on tape this morning. Interesting so far. Check out the author's website: www.its.caltech.edu/~gatti/gabaldon/gabaldon.html

SBcrazee

Cherry Jubilee

I love Diana Gabaldon. I've listened to the first 4 books. She is an excellent writer. Beautifully written books. Waiting for the next one The Fiery Cross from the library since I listen to audio books most of the time.
ImageImage

scrapperqueen

Bowl Full of Cherries

I love the reader's voice and the cadence of the writing.

SBcrazee

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Outlander Series - Diana Gabaldon
Scrapperqueen, how did you enjoy the book? Have you listened to the subsequent books in the series?
ImageImage

scrapperqueen

Bowl Full of Cherries

Still listening to it. There are 20 some tapes so it is taking a bit longer than most books on tape! I'm loving it, though. Anxious to finish so I can get the next one.Image

Kelly Pyron

Digital Designers

I JUST finished reading Outlander today.  It was good.  I have to say that all the sex stuff got a little boring.  I love the history and the story line though. 
Kelly Shults
{My Digital Designs} {My Blog}

scrapperqueen

Bowl Full of Cherries

Finished Outlander today. It was good.
Started the next one, Dragonfly in Amber (I think that is the right title). It is 27 tapes so it will take me a while. :)

scrapperqueen

Bowl Full of Cherries

If they ever make a movie out of this series, they have to use Jason Isaacs as Captain Randall. He is who I picture every time he does some beastly awful thing in the book! He played this type of character in The Patriot and Harry Potter to a "t."

cat1393

Cherry Cola

Read the entire series...can't wait for the new on to come out. DG is working on it! I forgot the name of the title thought. something about bones.

Christine

n8tvtexan

Cherry Tart

That series is my all time FAV!!! I have read every book at least 3 times. I gave away all copies except my 1st edition Outlander. Now I want to buy them all again so I dont have to wait for them from the library. I can't wait for her next book to come out.

debamas

Wild Cherry

I"m currently reading Voyager. I had started this series many , years ago, then got caught up with school, job, and I am not a fast reader. etc. So now I'm trying to resume my reading. I wish though I had a refresher of the first two. So much happens, but I do find myself recalling parts as I read Voyager because Galbaldon is good at bringing pieces back to your mind as you read.
Debbie

1grandma

Cherry Addict

I have read the all, several times.  They are so wonderful.  I love the time travel twist and all the history and how people lived day to day.  Interesting stuff.  I wonder how true some of it is.  I mean, the bits about herbs and daily living. 
Bibi

debamas

Wild Cherry

An Echo in the Bone      is the next one due out Sept  this year, 09. Iknow this topic started last year, but I was not around then.
Debbie

scrapperqueen

Bowl Full of Cherries

Debbie -
Check with your library as there is a compendium-type book that gives a summary of each book as well as lots of historical information, definitions, etc.

It is called: Outlandish Companion : In
Which Much Is Revealed Regarding Claire and Jamie Fraser, Their Lives
and Times, Antecedents, Adventures, Companions and Progeny, With
Learned Commentary (and Many Footnotes) by their Humble Creator. Diana is the author.

cat1393

Cherry Cola

debamas wrote: An Echo in the Bone      is the next one due out Sept  this year, 09. Iknow this topic started last year, but I was not around then.
YAY! A DATE FOR THE BOOK!!!! CAN'T WAIT:)

Christine

Kiber

Cherry Tart

I love this series!  It is in my Top 5!!

I am reading #5 now and almost done.  I listened to the first 4 books, but the 5th and 6th I could only find the abridged version so I bought the books for #5 and #6 and can't wait for the next one!!

I love Jamie.

In the 5th book a thing happens to Roger and my heart stopped.  I swear for a minute I could not breath.  I get so wrapped up in these characters.

I also listened to all the Lord John books and while I am glad to know more about him I didn't love these so much.  They were kind of dull. 

Return to “Book Nook”

Information

Moderators

scrapperqueen