BlingQueenRia
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 12

Post by BlingQueenRia »

I've been using Photobucket to host my pictures I use for avatars on different sites. Photobucket has now decided to start charging users close to $400/year to allow them to embed their own pictures on other sites like this one. Since I think it's insane to pay that kind of money to share my own photos, are there any other alternatives that are allowed here?

I've tried simply using the image I stored on Google Drive, I signed up for Flickr, tried to link from Facebook, none of that is working. I even uploaded the picture to the gallery and I'm still getting the error "Invalid Image (get)" error and I'm confused. I even  just perused Google looking for images to use, but they were all too large. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is beginning to give me a headache.
I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where sandwiches live.
average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 846

Re: Avatar Issues

Post by average_kim »

I use the "paint" program on my laptop or crop a photo on my phone. Just make sure to make the size 100 ... I think. Upload it to the gallery, then copy paste the url to the control panel. Hope that helps!
Kim

Image Image  
BlingQueenRia
Cherry Blossom

Post by BlingQueenRia »

average_kim wrote:I use the "paint" program on my laptop or crop a photo on my phone. Just make sure to make the size 100 ... I think. Upload it to the gallery, then copy paste the url to the control panel. Hope that helps!

I have a resizing program on my laptop for Windows 10. I used that to resize the picture, uploaded it to the gallery, and when I copy-pasted the URL I still got the error. I'm confused.
I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where sandwiches live.
BlingQueenRia
Cherry Blossom

Post by BlingQueenRia »

I THINK I got it...I had to open the picture from the gallery into a new tab and use THAT URL. First of all it took me well over an hour yesterday to resize the picture. It didn't dawn on me to check the box that said "keep aspect ratio." I kept getting a picture of my floof's ear. LOL! Looks like I have it now, I just like looking at her cute little face. :D
Son Danaher .
Cherry Tart

Post by Son Danaher . »

Return to “Website Problems”